Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#2271 avong1228

avong1228
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:16 AM

Lauren, I wish you all the best as well and maybe some things happen for a reason since that was your first choice!!

Keep us posted!

Angie

#2272 MayanLily

MayanLily
    • 316 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

Good Luck Lauren! I hope this resort works out for you. We will all miss you too! You better check back once and a while on your drama-filled Paradisus brides! hehe
      Aly

#2273 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
      • 283 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:22 PM

ugh... miss you guys already!! noone is very friends on the El Dorado forum... not cool

#2274 sarahrose

sarahrose
        • 77 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

Good luck Lauren! Guess I won't see you that weekend after all.

I was having the same issues and while they are not all worked out, my TA sent a scathing email to the management and got a response within an hour. We have our rooms contract and are working out the details of our Romance contract now. This transition is less than 3 weeks old and AM resorts is really supposed to be a fantastic company with expertise in destination weddings. I'm still hopeful and really glad this didn't happen the weekend of my wedding.

#2275 avong1228

avong1228
          • 384 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

Sarah, please share with the others any info you have received regarding the new packages. We are all so anxious!!

#2276 sarahrose

sarahrose
            • 77 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

i will. we're doing a customized package so it might be a big different than what others are looking to do.

#2277 MayanLily

MayanLily
              • 316 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

Yes, I think we should all share whatever info we may get. Although I haven't heard anything from Now directly, I talked to my travel agent today and she has sent some emails to Sapphire wedding coordinator's on by behalf. Ironically, she is also in a meeting tonight with a Paradisus rep so hopefully, she may get some info regards to staff, renos ect... I will definatly be sharing all info with you ladies when I find out.

In other news....

We bought my FIs ring. It's a tungsten ring with a black microfibre centre. It really is awesome. He tries it on like 10 times a day! haha

also, in bigger news...

FINALLY found a BM dress for my sis!! That's super exciting since she is sooo high maintenance I didn't think we'd ever find anything EVER!

Anyways, just thought I'd give some good news since all the posts seem to be about how frustrated we all are. Plus, losing Lauren to another resort was sad too

Aly

#2278 avong1228

avong1228
                • 384 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:42 AM

How exciting! 2 big checks!

We are thinking about going for Tungsten but a few people have told me the only down side is that if god forbid something ever happens to him like gets his hand smashed that they cannot cut the ring off so they'd have to cut his finger off! Is this a myth??

(Sorry to be Debbie Downer!)

#2279 Jamon24

Jamon24
                  • 30 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:46 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MayanLily
                    Yes, I think we should all share whatever info we may get. Although I haven't heard anything from Now directly, I talked to my travel agent today and she has sent some emails to Sapphire wedding coordinator's on by behalf. Ironically, she is also in a meeting tonight with a Paradisus rep so hopefully, she may get some info regards to staff, renos ect... I will definatly be sharing all info with you ladies when I find out.

In other news....

We bought my FIs ring. It's a tungsten ring with a black microfibre centre. It really is awesome. He tries it on like 10 times a day! haha

also, in bigger news...

FINALLY found a BM dress for my sis!! That's super exciting since she is sooo high maintenance I didn't think we'd ever find anything EVER!

Anyways, just thought I'd give some good news since all the posts seem to be about how frustrated we all are. Plus, losing Lauren to another resort was sad too
                    OO do you have a pic of the bridesmaid dress? Im in the process of looking for bm dresses now!

#2280 MayanLily

MayanLily
                    • 316 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:09 PM

Angie, I thought that too but what they told me at the Jewellery store was this. EMS do have ways to get these rings off. The downside is that when they remove the ring, it shatters. Unlike gold where they can make a clean cut and salvage the ring, Tungsten shatter into a million piece. Its' called something like "dryfreeze" it...? We figured that if it even came to that, we could suck it up and buy a new one! We went into a dozen stores and they all said the same thing. One lady however said something to the effect of the possibility of Tungsten getting brittle after 30 yrs but that hasn't been proven since, the metal hasn't been around that long yet.... hmmm? Something to think about but she was the only one that pointed that out and again.... 30 yrs later, maybe he deserves a new shiny ring!

here my sister's dress Jamon
                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      Aly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter