Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#2251 ktchi

ktchi
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:53 PM

Finally I got in touch with them and thought I would share the information I got so far. They are supposed to send me the menus for the new packages today, but I haven't received them (shocker). They said the food would be the same, just different packages names (I am not sure exactly what that means). They also mentioned that for the cocktail hour it is $15 per person (not sure if that is for divine package or the Now to eternity package) over the included 25 and for the dinner it is $48 per person over the 25 included for the now to eternity package and $53 per person over the included 25 for the divine package. They also mentioned that it is a $250 fee for the open bar. The cake is $6 per person after 25 and for the toast it is $4 per person after 25. They also mentioned that they are working out the music/sound system provider but that is not settled yet and it looks like they may not be working with SWANK any longer. That's all I got right now. I hope it helps.

#2252 MayanLily

MayanLily
    • 316 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ktchi
      Finally I got in touch with them and thought I would share the information I got so far. They are supposed to send me the menus for the new packages today, but I haven't received them (shocker). They said the food would be the same, just different packages names (I am not sure exactly what that means). They also mentioned that for the cocktail hour it is $15 per person (not sure if that is for divine package or the Now to eternity package) over the included 25 and for the dinner it is $48 per person over the 25 included for the now to eternity package and $53 per person over the included 25 for the divine package. They also mentioned that it is a $250 fee for the open bar. The cake is $6 per person after 25 and for the toast it is $4 per person after 25. They also mentioned that they are working out the music/sound system provider but that is not settled yet and it looks like they may not be working with SWANK any longer. That's all I got right now. I hope it helps.
      It does help! Thank you! Everyone here knows 100% more than I do at the moment so any info helps.

I talked to that long lost high school girl and she said no to sharing photos. I was shocked actually. Who wouldn't want to share beautiful wedding pics?!! Oh well. Sorry ladies, I tried
      Aly

#2253 avong1228

avong1228
      • 384 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

Great info. Better than what any of us have!

I can't believe your friend wouldn't let you share her pics ... strange.

#2254 ktchi

ktchi
        • 220 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:02 PM

A little bit more information. I received the menu for the divine package. I am not sure how it works- if we choose one entree and everyone has to eat it, or if the guests get to choose their own entree. I am trying to find that out.

Divine package, and the following menu options of this package, it is necessary to choose one for each course.

APPETIZERS
          Seared tuna slices; wasabi spume, olive oil and oriental style vegetables
          Mixed lettuce and shrimps; diced mango and ginger, mango dressing
          Salmon tartar; cucumber and lemon scented olive oil
          Mixed lettuce with blue cheese and walnut confit; honey-balsamic dressing

SOUPS
          Asparagus creamy soup with smoked salmon
          Mushrooms and roasted garlic veloute
          Creamy lobster soup, brandy scented
          Shrimp minestrone

MAIN COURSES
          Supreme of chicken stuffed with seafood, "fine champagne" sauce
          Surf and turf of beef filet and shrimps, wild mushroom sauce and mild sweet pepper sauce
          Beef filet Bordaleise; Duchess potato and asparagus
          Shrimps proven┬žal; mushrooms risotto and fine herbs buttered vegetables

DESSERTS
          Creamy white chocolate cake aux mint
          Fruit mille fuille and vanilla sauce
          Pistaccio panacota
          Warm apple tart and creamy almond sauce

#2255 avong1228

avong1228
          • 384 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:11 PM

No buffet options?

#2256 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
            • 283 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:03 AM

this whole thing is really stressing me out for some reason and my wedding is still 6 months away!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Got a random voicemail from someone saying a wedding coordinator is going to contact me... who knows - hopefully my TA is on top of everything.

#2257 MayanLily

MayanLily
              • 316 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

At least you've gotten a voicemail Lauren. I haven't heard anything since that generic email we all got! I must admit, I haven't been trying very hard to contact anyone though. I'm strangely calm throughout this whole transition... maybe I shouldn't be! eeek.
                Aly

#2258 avong1228

avong1228
                • 384 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:38 PM

I think it's so great that you so calm. I wish I was!!

Invitations are going to print!

#2259 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
                  • 283 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:48 PM

Just talked to my TA for over an hour, she has advised me we have to switch resorts. She is not getting any answers from anyone over there, and all the TA's from destinationweddings.com have said the same thing and have heard various complaints from people that have just visited there for weddings... SOOO stressed.

Attached Files

#2260 MayanLily

MayanLily
                    • 316 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

what?! wow! That bad? Are you getting all your money back that you put down? Where are you going to go? What were the complaints?
                      Aly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter