Jump to content

Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#1211 sandra1976

sandra1976
  • Newbie
  • 64 posts

    Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:04 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Meredith
    Hey girls - I am thinking that the $300 fee includes all the money to be paid to SWANK for the equipment, supervision, etc. I will confirm this with Perla and let you know (haven't heard back from her on this yet). Either way - I am paying the $300 and that's all - Perla never mentioned any extra costs so she will have to reduce something else in the budget to cover SWANK (if she needs to), but I won't pay more. That is crazy.

    On a positive note - when Carlos emailed me about a microphone at the ceremony - he quoted me $300. Then I asked him about the SWANK charges and he told me that he is familiar with them - not to worry about it...and by the way (as a wedding present) he reduced the microphone to $150 without me even asking about it. That is how you get customers :) He seems really nice!

    I'll let you know if I get charged anything else...good times!
    Let me know what the outcome of this is.... or else we will be there at teh same time we will join forces and bring that place down..LOL i need to make jokes right now in order not to cry.... this is just carzy
    Our trash the dress....friends pics

    #1212 yamille

    yamille
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,460 posts

      Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:38 PM

      oh my gosh. I am feeling nervous about this darn swank bullshi*

      #1213 bumbles

      bumbles
      • Member
      • 574 posts

        Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

        Mannia is my dj too. These extra fees for a dj are a little ridiculous. I don't understand why it's necessary for someone else to supervise. My game plan is also to stick to the $300 fee and nothing more. Ah, so nervous...

        #1214 KLC77

        KLC77
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,207 posts

          Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:42 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by sandra1976
          Oh she will..... I'm so upset right now.... I leave next monday and just got an invoice from Perla which all of a sudden i have to pay before i go. and they are trying to charge me 1260.00 for the outside vendor fee.....LIke what the hell is that?
          I wouldn't pay anything before you go. There's no logical reason for that. We paid for everything the day before our wedding and it was no problem. I think if you guys stick to your guns you will be ok with the whole dj thing. It is a weird situation. I remember when I was pricing out swank vs mannia there was the $300 outside vendor fee plus a fee for swank to supervise. But it wasn't that much. I know Becks used Mannia and paid the fees and I think it was still less expensive than just using swank. In the end I went with an ipod because it was free and less confusing.
          ~Kelly

          Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

          #1215 Meredith

          Meredith
          • Newbie
          • 54 posts

            Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

            Sandra - what date to fly to the hotel? I will be there until April 5th - before we leave for the honeymoon hotel (El Dorado Royale). If we will be there the same time, I can let you know what happened with the Mannia/SWANK charges.

            So far - Perla has only charged me the $300 fee. Her invoices don't include extra supervision time. SWANK mentioned that I would have to pay for supervision when I was talking to him about the slideshow. After I told him I would pay $150 for the screen (crazy prices - I'm not buying the screen, I am barrowing it..right?), he never mentioned extra DJ fees.

            ...So that is where I stand. I'll let you know how it goes down.

            Perla has not mentioned that we have to pay for invoice before we get down there. She hasn't mentioned anything about it all as a matter of fact. We were going to take the most recent invoice with us and pay by credit card before the wedding. I wouldn't pay before you get down there (unless you want to lock in the rates or something).

            #1216 sandra1976

            sandra1976
            • Newbie
            • 64 posts

              Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Meredith
              Sandra - what date to fly to the hotel? I will be there until April 5th - before we leave for the honeymoon hotel (El Dorado Royale). If we will be there the same time, I can let you know what happened with the Mannia/SWANK charges.

              So far - Perla has only charged me the $300 fee. Her invoices don't include extra supervision time. SWANK mentioned that I would have to pay for supervision when I was talking to him about the slideshow. After I told him I would pay $150 for the screen (crazy prices - I'm not buying the screen, I am barrowing it..right?), he never mentioned extra DJ fees.

              ...So that is where I stand. I'll let you know how it goes down.

              Perla has not mentioned that we have to pay for invoice before we get down there. She hasn't mentioned anything about it all as a matter of fact. We were going to take the most recent invoice with us and pay by credit card before the wedding. I wouldn't pay before you get down there (unless you want to lock in the rates or something).
              Hey Merith,
              I know i said on a previous e-mail that i go down on monday but that is wrong.... I must have been real peed off....LOL i get there on April 1st at about 10:30am... I have already sent them the payment minus the DJ charge, Perla took for ever to add that to my invoice. I got a better rate doing so because my friend works at the bank and she got me employee rate. But i will not pay what they are asking me... the original quote he gave me was 1600.0 now they want me to pay almost the same for not using them They must be on drugs.....I'm just finding that Paradisus is nothing but a rip off.... Like what the hell is a cocktail hour without cocktails?
              Our trash the dress....friends pics

              #1217 KLC77

              KLC77
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,207 posts

                Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:36 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by sandra1976
                Hey Merith,
                I know i said on a previous e-mail that i go down on monday but that is wrong.... I must have been real peed off....LOL i get there on April 1st at about 10:30am... I have already sent them the payment minus the DJ charge, Perla took for ever to add that to my invoice. I got a better rate doing so because my friend works at the bank and she got me employee rate. But i will not pay what they are asking me... the original quote he gave me was 1600.0 now they want me to pay almost the same for not using them They must be on drugs.....I'm just finding that Paradisus is nothing but a rip off.... Like what the hell is a cocktail hour without cocktails?
                Sandra, how many guests are you having? Just curious to see if its a larger group and that's why you are having a harder time.
                ~Kelly

                Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

                #1218 t777a

                t777a
                • Newbie
                • 99 posts

                  Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:04 PM

                  can someone tell me if the pakcages are posted on the site ive looked everywhere and cant find them. i also looked on the site. does anyone have them?

                  #1219 robinbood

                  robinbood
                  • Newbie
                  • 97 posts

                    Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:29 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KLC77
                    Sandra, how many guests are you having? Just curious to see if its a larger group and that's why you are having a harder time.
                    Actually, I think I got a good deal because we were a larger party--we used Mannia and i don't think we even paid the $300 outside vendor fee (which, if we didn't, it probably was an oversite, because that is their policy). I never spoke w/ or had any dealings w/ Swank- Carlos came- Perla knows him, and he did a great job. I know Missy loved Swank as well. I hope this "supervising fee" concept goes away, because it's causing more grief than good. For you girls who are using another dj, did Perla mention this supervising fee too, or just Swank? I'd only go by what Perla says (and you can always discuss w/ her if there's an issue- remember, she's there to make your wedding wonderful!).

                    BTW, Kelly, did you ever post your pics? I think Missy asked you, but I haven't seen them! :)

                    #1220 KLC77

                    KLC77
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,207 posts

                      Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:47 AM

                      I agree that I would ignore what Swank says and only go by what Perla says. And don't be afraid to question her or tell her you think she made a mistake on the dj charge. I don't feel like Paradisus was a rip off at all. I actually felt like we got a really good price and really it is so beautiful that alot of the "extras" were not really necessary. I just don't want other brides thinking that Paradisus is not a good place to be married. Perla and Daniela went above and beyond for me on my day and everything was exactly how I had pictured it as far as set up and decor went. I really believe that once you girls get there you will be really happy with how things turn out.

                      Robin, I haven't shared my pro-pics on the forum yet. I know how much everyone would like to see them, but for now I'm keeping them just for me. Ha, I'm a one-way BDWer... I drool over everyone else's pics but won't show mine. lol
                      ~Kelly

                      Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter