Cancun ladies...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kiahjane

kiahjane
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

Do any of you know of...

a. a liquor store in the area to buy decent wine & champagne...
    b. a place to buy OOT stuff once we get there rather than lugging it down to Mexico?

We'll have a rental car!

#2 anaderoux

anaderoux
    • 3,220 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:28 PM

I think you can get the liquor at sam's or cotsco for a good price.. and you can buy OOT stuff at the Mercado 28, here are some directions, but you can see how to get there on almost every map there.. it's pretty popular

Market 28 - Cancun Shopping - Market 28, shopping

I also bought some stuff for the OOTs at sam's, like water, alka setzer, etc..

#3 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
      • 1,016 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:28 PM

I just got back from a site visit and we looked at La Europea LA EUROPEA for alcohol. The prices seemed reasonable but I didn't inquire about additional discounts if buying in bulk. I also didn't look at the prices of champagne. But there is also a Costco there that I believe carries alcohol too.

For the OOT stuff, you can just go to the market in town and find all kinds of goodies.

#4 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
        • 812 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

When I was down in August I saw that the supermarket and walmart both sell alcohol.

Also, for OOT stuff, you can find Mexican versions of doritos and cheese puffs... if my WC hadn't pointed it out, I wouldnt have even noticed that it wasnt the brands I was used to

#5 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:34 PM

If you go downtown, there's many different stores with nice ideas for the OOT bags. I saw a lot of things I really liked. A few days before the wedding, I might just go downtown and get what I want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter