• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:54 PM

How did I miss the pics the first time around? Those are awesome pics of the MP! I am getting so excited! Thanks for posting those! Have you made your final decision yet?

#32 Jessica&Adam

Jessica&Adam
    • 159 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:31 AM

Loved the review, thank you soo much, it really helped out! A few questions...how far is Moon Palace from the rest of Cancun hotel zone and what is the best way to get there?

Is there really No beach at JW Marriott or the CasaMagna Marriott? B/c if not their website is kind of deceiving!

And...did you pick a location?!

#33 roxych1k

roxych1k
      • 18 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

Great pictures, they have helped so much! Especially since Dreams isn't available for next April 2009, it's already all booked on weekends! So all those hotels were great options, especially Le Meridien, the terrace looks awesome, I am concerned about how expensive it might though.

#34 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by roxych1k
          Great pictures, they have helped so much! Especially since Dreams isn't available for next April 2009, it's already all booked on weekends! So all those hotels were great options, especially Le Meridien, the terrace looks awesome, I am concerned about how expensive it might though.
          My wedding will be at Le Meridien.. it can get a little costly. They don't offer packages so basically it's like having a wedding in the states.

#35 Opice34

Opice34
          • 414 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:21 PM

I do have to say that Clara at Le Meridien was just adorable and I think I would trust her with anything. She was really wonderful and one of the only WCs who followed up with me after our visit. She was very organized, wonderful to work with, and just has a great attitude. And their wedding locations are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Moon Palace is a ways from the hotel zone. We rented a car for the weekend, so that's how we got there. I'd say it took us maybe 15 minutes to get there from the hotel zone? I'm not the best with directions, so I'm not sure. I'm sure your guests could take a cab there, but it would probably be a bit more expensive than going to the hotel zone. LOTS of people get married there though, so it can't be hard to get to!

From what I understand, JW and Casa Magna just lost their beach in last year's hurricane season. I'd say ALL of the hotels have a smaller beach than what appears on their websites. All of them lost some beach last year, but unfortunately, some of them lost all of it. It also depends on the time of year...when the earth tilts, the tide changes, and can show more beach. (I think that's how it works - I'm not a scientist. :) ) But yes, when we were there, the waves were literally crashing right into the hotel walls. All of them mentioned that they were hoping the tides would shift and they'd get more of their beach back. A lot of times, hotels will bring in sand to rebuild as well.

We chose the Hilton and we are so excited!!!!

#36 Opice34

Opice34
            • 414 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:23 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SIMBASIM
              Football season not important? This was the first thing I had to consider before planning a wedding!!! LOL!
              :) I know!! LOL

#37 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:49 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Opice34
                But yes, when we were there, the waves were literally crashing right into the hotel walls.
                This is what freaked me out during my site visit.. I said to the WC at this one hotel,"OMG!! Where's your beach?!" He goes,"Under that water..somewhere."

#38 Opice34

Opice34
                • 414 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by xJuicyJx
                  This is what freaked me out during my site visit.. I said to the WC at this one hotel,"OMG!! Where's your beach?!" He goes,"Under that water..somewhere."
                  LOL!

#39 Cali

Cali
                  • 281 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I don't have enough points to open the attachment. Could someone pls send it to me?
                    my email nessa_tello@yahoo.com

Thank you

#40 chachi1877

chachi1877
                    • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:50 AM

I would also love to see the attachment but unfortunatly I do not have enough points yet. I'm currently searching for a destination for my wedding and this review would be really helpful. If someone could please send the attachment to me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance, my email is chachi1877@hotmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter