• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 krizstyling

krizstyling
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:21 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by weddinggirl72
    Some of my guests who aren't staying at Casa Velas Hotel will also be staying at Velas Vallarta. I was able to get deals for both hotels (owned by the same company). Velas should be perfect for my guests who prefer the bigger family style resorts. Also, the Casa Magna Marriott is near by as well.
    That is exactly what I was looking into!

A quick question since you're wedding is coming up and I'm sure you're in the final stages of prep, I know that Casa Velas does not allow children but if you are having a wedding there will they allow you to have two children in the actual reception as the ring bearer and flower girl?

Any other info you can give please feel free!

I appreciate it and CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's such an exciting time and April seems like the perfect month in PV! We stayed last year at the end of April at Grand Velas (their sister resort) and it was hands down one of our best vacas EVER.

#22 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
    • 139 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:51 AM

Yes Casa Velas will allow you to have children at the wedding ceremony event and reception BUT children can not stay at the hotel overnight or run around the hotel grounds. They can be there for the wedding events only. Let me know if you have other questions. :)
      So far 68 RSVP's and 56 people are booked to stay at the resort!

#23 krizstyling

krizstyling
      • 90 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:16 PM

Thanks so much weddinggirl. That bit of info really helped me!

I am hoping to get some sort of deal as well for both resorts because I imagine most of our guests will want to stay at Velas Vallarta as Casa Velas is more expensive. We are using FI's mothers RCI Timeshare for our honeymoon stay there which is a life saver.

#24 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
        • 139 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:35 PM

Yes, they will put together a package that includes rates for Velas Vallarta, Casa Velas and Grand Velas if you ask them to. Velas Vallarta is a little cheaper than Casa Velas but the good thing is that they will probably give you a deal that allows kids to stay free at Velas. This should totally help your guests who have kids. The funny thing is most of my guests have decided to leave their kids at home and have a fun romantic "grown up vacation". So far only two couples are bringing kids.

#25 krizstyling

krizstyling
          • 90 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:51 AM

I think that's the best part of having a Destination Wedding. Your closest friends will come and they will also enjoy themselves. A lot of my friends never go away because they are always too busy with work but this is going to force them to take time out and they'll enjoy the week just about as much as me! At least I hope so!

Thanks so much for your help! I absolutely love the Velas so I'm REALLY excited.

Pleaseee make sure to come back and let me know how it went!

#26 Future Mrs. M

Future Mrs. M
            • 319 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

Hello - Can you girls tell me who the main contact is at Velas Vallarta? I've filled out an RFP a few times but haven't heard back yet. I'm actually going to be there this weekend for site visits and wanted to set up an appointment to see this resort since I've heard great things about it.

Thanks!
              Ana

Wedding Date 11/12/2010- Riviera Maya - Hacienda Tres Rios

#27 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
              • 139 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hi Ana,
                Contact these two people:
                aubeda@velasvallarta.com
                rrodriguez@velasvallarta.com

Aurora (first email address) is out of the office right now but the second person is there.

#28 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
                • 139 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hi Ana,
                  Contact these two people:
                  aubeda@velasvallarta.com
                  rrodriguez@velasvallarta.com

Aurora (first email address) is out of the office right now but the second person is there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users