Photo

Cabo Customs???

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chelsea

chelsea
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:05 PM

Anyone know if there are customs issues in Cabo For example bringing your own tealights, decor, etc.......... I want to make sure I can bring this kind of stuff into the country without them taking it away, going to jail, etc........!!!!!!! Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

#2 coreyphil

coreyphil
    • 497 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

I think there are some other threads on this ... let me see if I can find them ...

In the meantime, I believe most girls haven't had any problems. I think some have put notices in their luggage that say in spanish something to the effect of "These items are for my wedding and not for sale!" ...

Also, most people recommend bringing everything with you rather than shipping them ... apparently, things can go missing if you try to mail them ahead ...

I'll post the other threads as soon as I can find them! :)

#3 chelsea

chelsea
      • 22 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:40 PM

Thank u soooooo much, I really appreaciate it!

#4 coreyphil

coreyphil
        • 497 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

Here's the link ... it's about declaring stuff, but read further in the thread and there's more info about customs! Hope it helps!

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t6221

#5 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
          • 1,876 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:19 PM

The only item had confinscated was freeze dried rose petals. My candles and other decor made it through safely.

They also reviewed my receipts to make sure I was under the declaration limit. So bring your receipts and if you are bringing items worth over $300 ( i think it was $300) try having the stuff divided between a few people and give them the corrosponding receipts.

Some gals didn't have a single issue...I got stopped after they x-rayed my bag and saw all my stuff.
            My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
            Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#6 fogdog

fogdog
            • 170 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:57 PM

They do xray every bag on the way in, so if you have several multiples of one thing, be prepared to get searched. For me it was the 80 pairs of flip flops that did it. Just have your receipts and don't go over $300 pp.
              I've also heard (from my WC) that they do not like things coming in from China. Take off all the tags, stickers, etc.
              Bridget and Brian
              Los Cabos 11/17/07

#7 -Kate-

-Kate-
              • VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:05 PM

We didn't have any trouble, but we also had receipts for everything we brought. We had votives, candles, oot bags, meds for the bags, pens, playing cards, pashminas, koozies, etc. and had no trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users