Photo

screenprinting a photo onto OOT bags

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:34 PM

yaaa. iron on that stufffffffff. that sounds wayyy expensive. you might have a few iron on's fail and so get a couple extra bags and iron ons but that will cost wayyyy less and might not be as vibrant as a screen print but so what. a fraction less cost.

#22 nylalany

nylalany
    • 625 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:28 PM

So the new place, for a logo screenprinted, with set-up charges, quoted me approximately $2.60 for 1 color and $3.70 for 2 colors per bag, based on 50 (though I think I'm going to end up needing more!). So I may go with that. Now I'm trying to decide on the bag itself...

#23 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:26 PM

My fi ironed on a pic of the phillies on a sweat shirt and it came out really good. So I guess you can do pics. The pic was very high quality, that might make a difference.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#24 JODEY

JODEY
        • 344 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:57 AM

Hi Peeps,
          Sorry to sound a little blonde, maybe its an american thing, but what is OOT exactly ? I've got no idea what your all talking about LOL

#25 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:34 AM

Out of Town

#26 JODEY

JODEY
            • 344 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:23 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
              Out of Town
              Oh cool ! I sort of got the idea from what you were posting, I'd nerver heard of it before, great idea, Where does it come from ? Is it a DW thing? I also saw a thread where a bride was talking about "the trowing of the garter" I've heard of "the throwing of the bouquet" but not the garter, is this an american wedding tradition, I like the idea, whats the principal behind it ?

#27 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

The OOT bags are traditionally for an at home wedding, you would give them to the guests who came from out of town. But with a DW it's more like a welcome bag because no one is from that town.

I guess the throwing of the garter is an american thing. First the Groom takes the garter off the bride by his teeth! And than he throws it behind his back to all of the bachelors at the wedding. Whomever catches the garter gets to put in the bachelorette that caught the bouquet. It's pretty funny!

#28 nylalany

nylalany
                • 625 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:14 PM

Although I've never been to a wedding with a garter toss before, so I don't think it is as standard as OOT bags. The totes that some of the girls are doing on this site for destination weddings are super nice compared with the usual OOT bags that you get in the States, which are usually paper and contain food items, water, and a welcome letter.

#29 JODEY

JODEY
                  • 344 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:25 AM

Thanks girls for putting me in the picture, I love the idea of the OOT bags and I just know that my FI would love me to incorporate the garter throwing!!

Thanks again !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users