Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
*JillD*

Question for all of you dreams brides

Recommended Posts

One more thing to think about! I assumed the packages were only useful if your guest count fell wi those ranges. I'm just going to pretend like they don't exist so I don't have to decide if I want to use them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering about the same thing with guest count, we're not going to have a ton of people, but I think its going to be tight coming in under the 20 ppl mark. We'll see, I guess I don't have to decide right now, I'll look around and try to find information on everything on my own and then if I need a package I'll take one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Jill; thats a tough decision. You aren't going to the resort before the wedding I think you said, right? So I would suggest having them take care of as much as possible.....I mean it will be easier and i am all for making this as stress free as possible....The only thing I would do is have my own photographer I think......the flowers aren't that important to me and neither is the cake so whatever they provide I'd hope I'd be happy with.....Can they send pix of those things before you decidehuh.gif? I would definately go for the Ultimate....Wow, I am glad you are going through all of this before me!!! I will be learning a lot from you I am sure!!! What ever package you choose will be Great.....I am with you, I'd want the band too! So Mexican!!! And you are in Mexico so its a fun thing to add for your wedding......smile159.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jill, I'm all about keeping this simple and stress free! Nope, I'm not going down beforehand, I don't care too much about the cake or flowers either, but the photographer is important. When I look at the packages, most of the things included I do want, so even if I got the package and had the resort photographer and my own, that would probably be okay, I'd have lots of pictures!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
One more thing to think about! I assumed the packages were only useful if your guest count fell wi those ranges. I'm just going to pretend like they don't exist so I don't have to decide if I want to use them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
I was wondering about the same thing with guest count, we're not going to have a ton of people, but I think its going to be tight coming in under the 20 ppl mark. We'll see, I guess I don't have to decide right now, I'll look around and try to find information on everything on my own and then if I need a package I'll take one.

hey kate and jilly...the packages do have a x-person max BUT if you really want a certain pacakge, you can ask them how much for x-amount of people and they can give you a bid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

I am a soon-to-be Dreams Tulum bride (6/15/07), and I went with the complimentary package, simply because when we first planned it, it was only the two of us going. Sandra C. at Dreams is awesome, and will help you. I actually called her on the phone one afternoon to settle on the date, time and location (6 p.m. sunset on the beach!). She is so pleasant. It really depends on what you want for the party. We didn't want any type of formal setting, we are all going to drink and eat after we get married. But just think about what you can't live without, and it should fall into place from there. :)

Buena suerte!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going with the ultimate package b/c we liked the food choices in the gold menu best and I liked the idea of the mariachi (ohh, the I love the included massage). Anyway, we are having about 30 people and they are charging us (about 65/person for the cocktail hour+reception) for each person over 20 people. I also didn't like the cake choices and will be upgrading the cake and maybe the flowers too. Oh, I am also bringing my own photographer and minister too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jill...in your situation, any of these would be good for you considering that you think you might be under the 20 person Max. With ours, we are going to have to pay the cost for each cocktail reception and dinner for anyone over the total # of 20. IT ALL ADDS UP! (we will be having around 40 people min. so far)

Not to mention, The bigger the package, the more stuff that we will not be using, but already in the price of the package. (we will not be needing a minister, cake, etc.)

I actually tried to to the al alcarte way, and it almost seemed cheaper to do the package instead. Once you add in the sound system and dance floor and stuff.....

Hope I didn't confuse you!

Leigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy715 View Post
I'm going with the ultimate package b/c we liked the food choices in the gold menu best and I liked the idea of the mariachi (ohh, the I love the included massage). Anyway, we are having about 30 people and they are charging us (about 65/person for the cocktail hour+reception) for each person over 20 people. I also didn't like the cake choices and will be upgrading the cake and maybe the flowers too. Oh, I am also bringing my own photographer and minister too!
$65/per person? Does that sound high to anyone else? I am in the same boat. I am planning a DW and Dreams Tulum is the top of our list right now but you never know. We have 25 confirmed and we haven't even sent out our STD's yet. Makes you wonder how can they charge that when it is an AI and if all the guests are staying at the hotel they would be eating and drinking anyways. I realize that part of the money goes toward set up but wow. Do you know what I could serve for $65/person here? But what choice do we have? I want to have a diner after the wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, the costs for the extra guests are definitely expensive! Its about $19 a person for the cocktail hour and then $39/person for 'gold' dinner...and that doesn't include tax or a labor charge. There also can be a lot of extra charges in addition to the price of the pre-set wedding packages. I've realized the packages don't include a sound system for the ceremony, music for the reception, gazebo decoration, centerpieces for the dinner tables, dance floor..etc... so watch out for all the extra things...they add up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×