Photo

Traveler's Joy (registry)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 tiffaneyh

tiffaneyh
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

Something else to think about is that some travel agents offer a honeymoon registry that allows your guests to put money directly toward your travel expenses without the fee.
    Tiffaney

Dreams Puerto Vallarta
    October 21, 2010

#22 lalanyc

lalanyc
    • 363 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:35 AM

We're using this b/c I really liked the idea of hiding the fee from our guests (not to mention that it is amont the lowest fees out there). My fiance used it as an excuse to plan our honeymoon itinerary and our guests are amazed at the detail in there! haha, we'll just have to take lots of pictures!

#23 wilsonj2

wilsonj2
      • 191 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

I've gone back and forth on this, as my fiance thinks it's a little tacky to make a cash registry...I figure we're being different by doing the destination wedding, so we might as well forget about tradition!  Last night, I completed registries for BBB, Pottery Barn, and Traveler's Joy.  Unlike so many other couples on here, we actually DO need a lot of the traditional gifts and are having at least 4 showers.  I figure this will be good for people who are out of town or cannot come to showers.  And I love that people can use a credit card!

Does anyone think it's tacky to do the travel registry on top of the other two, more traditional???

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#24 milakd

milakd
        • 21 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

We set up all kids of registries and Travelers' Joy was on top. It was the first one to be fulfilled and we had to add twice as many items. Our friends loved it becuase they felt like they are contributing to timeless memories. The fee is alittle high since they are just hosting the site but we love it!

Excellence Resort, April 17' 2011

49 guests booked including bride and groom

#25 ohaske

ohaske
          • 163 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:11 PM

THIS is a good idea.

#26 Dacia

Dacia
            • 50 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:38 PM

My fiance and I have gone back and forth on this as well.  I think if we end up doing a registry we will use Traveler's Joy in addition to traditional registries.  I figure it just gives everyone more options :)

Originally Posted by wilsonj2 

I've gone back and forth on this, as my fiance thinks it's a little tacky to make a cash registry...I figure we're being different by doing the destination wedding, so we might as well forget about tradition!  Last night, I completed registries for BBB, Pottery Barn, and Traveler's Joy.  Unlike so many other couples on here, we actually DO need a lot of the traditional gifts and are having at least 4 showers.  I figure this will be good for people who are out of town or cannot come to showers.  And I love that people can use a credit card!

Does anyone think it's tacky to do the travel registry on top of the other two, more traditional???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users