25 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:41 PM

It is a great idea if you are like me and have 2 of every kitchen appliance possible. They are free to set up and charge a 7.5% fee. you can take the link and copy it into your wedding website so people pay for fun things like: couple massages, candlelight beach dinners, helicoptor ride, etc.

you can also, just cash the $$ out to pay for you entire honeymoon.

also, i checked with better business bureau and no complaints filed.

Traveler's Joy Honeymoon Registry

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 zoeysmom1204

zoeysmom1204
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:31 PM

i was wondering what that song is that is playing in the background of your slideshow?

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:55 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zoeysmom1204
    i was wondering what that song is that is playing in the background of your slideshow?
    i haven't watched it in awhile but i think it is jack johnson...don't know the name

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 soma1133

soma1133
    • 29 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

I am a bit confused. How does this work. Like if I am going to a specific place and want to do something, how do I register. Sorry, a bit new to this.

#5 nscaper

nscaper
      • 119 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

You give/post or however you want to let people know that may be buying you gifts the link to the registry and they can leave you "money" there to put towards your honeymoon trip. It's basically like giving cash but the money is intended to go towards the trip in question. You can take this money out anytime (minus 7.5% that the company charges) to put towards your trip or whatever else you were planning for it.

I think the idea is that most people tend to give more (and it's pretty convenient) with their credit card rather than cash and it feels good for the guests to actually be contributing to something other than just handing over cash.

The website has a really good Q&A section...

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:46 PM

We are using this, and just received our first two gifts! YAY! :)

So far we've gotten a "A 'Honeymooners Delight' Package of sensuous bubble bath, lotions, candles and chocolates! This fits right in with our unique 'Spa Honeymoon Suite'!" worth $65, and "Night Out On The Town: An evening of entertainment watching a live show, singing karaoke, or working up a sweat in the dance club. Yah mon!" worth $75.

We're so happy with these gifts! We plan on taking pics of as much as possible, and then sending each person a picture of their respective "gift" in action.

We have yet to cash out, but so far so good! Also they've updated their photos so you've got a LOT more to choose from which is nice. I think they let you choose whether you or the gift giver pays the extra 7.5% ~ I *think*... I do know we chose this site because it did let us choose to take it out of OUR end. We personally didn't want people having to pay an extra percentage that they hadn't figured in on top of their "contribution/gift". FYI we did up our dollar asking amounts on gifts to allow for this "tax".

Here's our link in case you want to see an actual example:
          Honeymoon Registry for Martin Lopez & Jaime Miller | Traveler's Joy

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

jaime, i am glad it is working out for you so far...i think these types of registries are a great alternative to those that already have all their household items.

Awards and recognition: 

#8 soma1133

soma1133
          • 29 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

I am still deciding where to go for HM, but will def be using one of the 2 websites. Thanks for the info

#9 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
            • 612 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

I'm using Traveler's Joy. I like Jamie's idea of incorporating the 7.5% charge in the amount of the gift. My mother also begged me to have a physical registry, which we didn't need, but we were able to register for some selfish gifts that we would like, for example an espresso maker for me :)
              I just told everyone that the honeymoon registry was our "primary" registry...
              That way they know this is what we prefer...
              ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
              My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#10 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
              • 445 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for the info Tammy! I am going to use the Honeymoonwishes registry! The resort we are using also recommends this company and had a way for me to link to a page with the Palace Resorts logo on the top of my registry. It makes it appear a little more formal!

I even added a note to my guest to check out the shopping section if they wanted to keep their money local! We added some local stores that we would like to get things from that don't host registries. This made it easy to get their names on the registry list.

I hope we get some gifts through it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users