Groomsmen Attire - question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

Hi, Ladies

I am wondering what to have our groomsmen wear ... i like the idea of light-colored linen suits, but was also thinking of khaki colored pants, white open-collared shirts and navy sports coats.

What do you all think of this? I'm kind of going for a nautical look. Do you think it will be too heavy?

Thanks!

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:59 PM

The navy sports coat might be a little hot. How hot is it in May there? What are your girls wearing?
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 jmhein

jmhein
      • 665 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

I think that would look really great, but I do wonder what the guys would think about wearing dark sport coats in the hot sun... I dont think MY grooomsmen would go for it... but you could try! :) What about navy short sleeved button ups?
        ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:01 PM

I think that's fine. They can put on the jackets right before the ceremony and take them off right after.

#5 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
          • 238 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:02 PM

we're kind of all over the place with this right now. my fi is scottish, and wants to wear a kilt (much to my chagrin). i think he'll decide otherwise once he thinks about it.

the girls are either going to wear a buttercup yellow or sage green lightweight dress.

i can't seem to figure out what look to go with. i think it will be @ 80 there at that time! very hot ... !

#6 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

Buttercup yellow would look really cute with the navy.
              Derek was a gm for his sister's wedding and complained about how hot he was in the shirts she picked out. So i had to make sure the shirts were got weren't too hot. Otherwise I wouldn't even thought about it. They have some really nice Navy linen shirts out. Have to think of where I saw them before. But maybe like Tami said they guys can just take off the jackets after the ceremony. It's so hard making all these decisions, isn't it?!
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#7 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
              • 238 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:14 PM

oh, i agree! so many decisions ... and i thought a destination wedding would be a lot more simple!

i think you're right ... they can put them on for the ceremony and pictures and then take them off. i'll look into getting lgihtweight fabric shirt to go under it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users