Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RockyandBlu

extra charges at the Dreams

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 

We were wondering if anybody had info on all of the extra charges at the Dreams. We like the Ultimate Wedding Package listed online. which is for a maximum of 20 guests. but we received info from the hotel that says there is $25 private event charge per guest for the wedding/cocktail hour and reception. and another $25 per guest charge for the group reservation. is all that in addition to the package price? and are there other charges that we should know abouthuh.gif

please help if you have any info on this stuff. thank you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe for 2008 it's $25 per person/per event.. so if you have your ceremony in one location and your reception in another, it's $50 pp... If you have a package, it would be for the number of people over 20. (not including you or your wedding party for the ceremony) You also do not pay for vendors unless they're eating at your reception.

 

We had our cocktail hour and ceremony on the beach so it was only a $25 charge for that. The money goes towards the extra setup (they do a nice job with tablescapes) and the extra wait staff.. you feel pretty VIP not having to wait for anything. There are always several wait staff around to serve you and your guests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am curious as to this too because we are considering Dreams in Cabo. So, that I am not confused, the first 20 people are included in that price and it is an extra $25 per person after those 20 people. Also if I have 6 people in my wedding party and he has 6 people, those 12 plus us 2 are an exception to those 20? Sorry, I am just confused!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is so confusing. I had a minor anxiety attack trying to figure it all out! smile105.gif I'm sure Tammy, the host of the forum/ and TA, will be able to break it down a bit more for you. She's the expert. pinkie.gif My understanding is that you have to pay a fee for both your wedding location as well as the reception, if you choose to have it in different places. For guests not at Dreams it is around 85pp total (one time day pass fee). For guests staying at Dreams it is about 25pp/per event, or a one time fee of 50pp for the entire wedding. That includes bar, food, setup, etc. Hope that helps, I had trouble with this as well....but it does make sense once you figure it out. elefant.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyandBlu View Post
Hi All,

We were wondering if anybody had info on all of the extra charges at the Dreams. We like the Ultimate Wedding Package listed online. which is for a maximum of 20 guests. but we received info from the hotel that says there is $25 private event charge per guest for the wedding/cocktail hour and reception. and another $25 per guest charge for the group reservation. is all that in addition to the package price? and are there other charges that we should know abouthuh.gif
please help if you have any info on this stuff. thank you...
angela is right..the package is for 20 guests, then each additional pays $25 per person per event (ie. a ceremony at the gazebo then reception at cascade terraces is 2 events)

if you want special flowers you will need to pay for them...or dj...

Quote:
I am curious as to this too because we are considering Dreams in Cabo. So, that I am not confused, the first 20 people are included in that price and it is an extra $25 per person after those 20 people. Also if I have 6 people in my wedding party and he has 6 people, those 12 plus us 2 are an exception to those 20? Sorry, I am just confused!
no they are not an exception...usually the 20 people would cover bride and groom, wedding party and a few family/friends...any over 20 is extra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may look into a'la cart options rather than a package if you're having alot of guests.. we didn't use Dreams options for anything other than location and food/drink. (ie we hired our own music, dj, flowers, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by host View Post
no they are not an exception...usually the 20 people would cover bride and groom, wedding party and a few family/friends...any over 20 is extra
double check with Yessica or Marianna on this one.. we didn't pay for wedding party at the ceremony site (no chairs for them)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×