#11 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:25 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by starchild
    Yep, my job uses websense which restricts some sites outright (like myspace/live streams/etc.) or allows quota time for approved sites. I can't even look at vitamin sites because they are prohibited under "unregulated compounds". Astrology is filtered out under "occult and folk religions". LOL

Each employee gets 180 minutes a day in quota time to use the allowed sites. Lucky me, I'm a supervisor so I have several log-ins and never run out. Even luckier, BDW doesn't count toward quota time for some reason so I'm good :o)

we have websense as well, and we have found out you can go to kproxy.com, as well as many other proxy sites and get around it.

#12 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:29 PM

Well I guess I'm not that bad off. We had restricted sites like youtube or myspace, but today was the first day I started to notice a MAJOR blocking of different sites. Even some of my buddies called to tell me they got blocked from Steve Madden.

But now I just tried maggie sottero again and I can go there. Very weird.
      Happily married since 2008

#13 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MsShelley
        we have websense as well, and we have found out you can go to kproxy.com, as well as many other proxy sites and get around it.
        Oh boy! I'm debating on telling my staff that because they always run out of quota time....it may have to be a "you didn't hear this from me but..." thing because I'm sure IT would not be pleased if I spread that around!

#14 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

Quote:
          Oh boy! I'm debating on telling my staff that because they always run out of quota time....it may have to be a "you didn't hear this from me but..." thing because I'm sure IT would not be pleased if I spread that around!
          You have to be the coolest boss.
          Happily married since 2008

#15 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:47 PM

I'm the chilled out one, just do your job and don't start any fires and I'll let you do what else you want...lol The daytime ones are tight asses and would have someone fired for trying to break rules...haters!

#16 Chiquita

Chiquita
            • 2,674 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:54 PM

Our IT dept just blocked facebook and myspace type sites etc. Grrr. I mean I get why they did it, but on my lunch hour I should be able to go into facebook and play scrabble if I want to! I would die if they blocked this site.. since I'm the only one at work on it, it would be pretty obvious if they were monitoring my usage.. yikes

#17 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

Quote:
                lol, make sure it works on your computers before you get their hopes up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users