Photo

Videographers - price, recs, etc.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 nylalany

nylalany
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:42 AM

If you are using a videographer, are you flying the videographer down or hiring him/her from the area. any recommendations? I'm trying to figure out pricing too, so knowing what people are paying for videography would be super helpful.

Thanks!

#2 Mikecantarell

Mikecantarell

Insiders

• Insiders
    • 338 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:34 PM

Hello, if you are intrested in Wedding Video Services, you can visit this web page:

Cancun Wedding Videos | Mayan Riviera Wedding Videographer | Miguel Cantarell - Home

#3 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
      • 5,705 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:43 PM

There are many choices around not only local but national. Just ask or browse the forum.

Happy New Year

#4 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
        • Vendor
        • 1,243 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

We trusted Paul Schrank at Playa Weddings - Videography in Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya to produce the video at our wedding. Here is a peek at our first dance: Sol & Matt's First Dance on Vimeo Paul lives in Playa del Carmen = NO travel fees!

Paul offers delivery in HD and doesnt overload himself during the wedding season so he can truly dedicate a high end product to you. He also uses lapel mics. MANY MANY videographers use on camera mics which pick up wind and ambient noise, robbing you of a beautiful video.

Do you have a widescreen TV / plasma at home? Ask your videographer if they shoot in 4:5 format or 16:9 format. If you do have widescreen and your videographer shoots in 4:5 format, then you will look like a CLOWN on your widescreen as the format will stretch your 4:5 video picture to make it 16:9. NOBODY wants that, eh?

Make sense? There are LOTSA questions to ask videographers...

Good luck!

mateo

remember: paul schrank = quality product.

#5 nylalany

nylalany
          • 625 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

Paul is getting married on the same day as me, which is why I'm searching for someone else good. I'm kinda picky since I have film and editing experience myself and I edited my sister's wedding video.

I also wanted to know what other brides' videography budget looks like. I found one woman from LA that I can fly out with 2 HD cameras, wireless mics, 3 copies of edited dvd, and raw footage for $3000 + $1000 travel expenses, which seems a bit on the high side - but since my friend shot my sister's wedding video (she borrowed a good camera from work), I don't have a ton of perspective.

#6 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:43 PM

The person who posted at the beginning of this thread, Mike Cantarell, did my video. He does the videos for dreams cancun.

I wasn't planning to get a video, but it was included in our package so we got it. I really had very low expectations, it was included so it wasn't like I was hiring my own vendor for it. But I'm so happy we got it and I was so happy with the quality, he did a fantastic job!

#7 SunBride

SunBride
              • 1,499 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:31 AM

Mike Canterell is the one who works with or is recommended by Claudia Rodriguez.

#8 nylalany

nylalany
                • 625 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:15 AM

Well I also wrote Mike/Miguel Cantarell through his site 2x but have yet to hear back from him. Paul from playaweddings suggested writing Miguel. Mike - if you read this - please let me know if you got an email inquiry re: May 4, 2008 and write me back, thanks!

#9 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
                  • 5,705 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:36 AM

Remember that you can only enjoy the true HD experience if you have an HD TV and an HD player otherwise you will end up with a Standard Definition (SD) DVD or an HD DVD you cannot play on your SD system.

#10 *JillD*

*JillD*
                    • 5,112 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:31 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by nylalany
                      Well I also wrote Mike/Miguel Cantarell through his site 2x but have yet to hear back from him. Paul from playaweddings suggested writing Miguel. Mike - if you read this - please let me know if you got an email inquiry re: May 4, 2008 and write me back, thanks!
                      you might want to send him a private message in case he doesn't see your post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users