Sign in to follow this  
MsShelley

New Year's Eve Drink

mmmm, I love martinis! I don't have an appletini recipe but I always make pomagranate martinis.

I use Oprah's favorite recipe:

1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice

2 oz. Absolute Citron vodka OR white tequila

1 oz. Cointreau liquor

Shake ingredients in a shaker and put in chilled martini glasses. Put pomegranate fruit into glass as garnish.

The pomegranate juice does get expensive if you are serving for a big party so I wonder if you could substitute the pomegranate for another juice?

You may try that.

This year I think we are going to make Pina Coladas. My FI's favorite! I'm still looking for a good recipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicabrandon2008 View Post
mmmm, I love martinis! I don't have an appletini recipe but I always make pomagranate martinis.
I use Oprah's favorite recipe:
1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
2 oz. Absolute Citron vodka OR white tequila
1 oz. Cointreau liquor
Shake ingredients in a shaker and put in chilled martini glasses. Put pomegranate fruit into glass as garnish.

The pomegranate juice does get expensive if you are serving for a big party so I wonder if you could substitute the pomegranate for another juice?
You may try that.

This year I think we are going to make Pina Coladas. My FI's favorite! I'm still looking for a good recipe.

mmmmm.. that sounds yummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiStreak View Post
We just buy the appletini mix (Rose's Cocktail Infusion). Tastes great. If we really want to get a strong apple flavor, we use it with apple vodka. That will make ya pucker! :)
oh, that is a much better idea! i will have to look for that, thanks Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShelley View Post
oh, that is a much better idea! i will have to look for that, thanks Maria
It comes in a bunch of flavors: watermelon, pomegranite, apple, and a mixed berry.

The apple and watermelon are the best. :)

For the Pomegranate martinis...there is actually a Rose's pomogranate mix too...it's really good. I've also splashed a little of that in margarita's before too....yummy! :-)

Not sure what we're drinking this year....I need to decide what mood I'm in! But there will def. be champagne at midnight! :-)