Jump to content

Photographer at El Dorado Royale


Recommended Posts

I haven't heard much about the EDR photographer.

I do know they charge $500 USD fee should I choose to bring someone in ...

I told the resort this was not ok since the quality of their photographer is sub par. I asked who they use and if they offer any choice.

 

Here is what I was told. Might be helpful for other brides:

 

We work with caribe photo company, you can review their work at this site: Caribephoto - Professional Photographers Company for weddings and events on Riviera Maya - Mexico.</em></tt></strong>

 

Any suggestions

 

What should I dohuh.gifhuh.gifWhat have you heard/.seen from this resort.

 

Thanks girls!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You really need to think about what parts of your wedding day you want photos of b/c working with the hotel photographer could greatly limit this.

 

We met the photog they work with during our site visit and were not at all impressed. He is only available to 2 hours, shots film (and very little), and does not carry a back-up camera. The photos are decent but we really wanted a more artistic approach and it was very important for us to have photos of our cocktail reception and private dinner event.

 

We have hired Vincent Guihard, Sol Tamargo's associate photog. Rather than paying a surcharge we have worked it out with the hotel that we are putting Vincent up in the hotel for one night and getting a day pass for his assistant.

 

You should ask specifically how much the fee is. There new contract does not specify the amount.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by bre
You really need to think about what parts of your wedding day you want photos of b/c working with the hotel photographer could greatly limit this.

We met the photog they work with during our site visit and were not at all impressed. He is only available to 2 hours, shots film (and very little), and does not carry a back-up camera. The photos are decent but we really wanted a more artistic approach and it was very important for us to have photos of our cocktail reception and private dinner event.



Yes, Karisma resorts are asking for a $500 fee (you may be able to book 1 night) for our studios, but we completely agree with you that these fees are crapola, because it they can't seem to offer a service that is exceptional, just sub par.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-marcus View Post
well if you want someone who isnt just there for like 3 hours or whatever and want someone to come with you for the entire stay you are there you could consider someone like myself. unlike resort photographers i am with you as much as you want me to be. i have many couples hire me simply because they dont feel they can trust the resort photographer, dont like the quality of their work, or want someone more then just x amoutn of hours. i charge the same for destination weddings as i do for a wedding anywhere else no matter how many days im with you. the only extra costs are however much the hotels are and the cost of flight down. so keep it in mind wink.gif

There are many other photographers LOCALLY who don't charge travel fees and have legal permits to work in the region, so just be sure you check into the local talent prior to commissioning a foreign photog.

Here are a few Local talent photogs I recommend:
Elizabeth Medina
D-Eyed
Claudia (be very specific you know who is shooting when / if you commission her)



I know there are others, but these I can confirm will deliver! Listed in order of preference...

Matel del Sol
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Adcock View Post
There are many other photographers LOCALLY who don't charge travel fees and have legal permits to work in the region, so just be sure you check into the local talent prior to commissioning a foreign photog.

Here are a few Local talent photogs I recommend:
Elizabeth Medina
D-Eyed
Claudia (be very specific you know who is shooting when / if you commission her)



I know there are others, but these I can confirm will deliver! Listed in order of preference...

Matel del Sol
We had an excellent experience all around at EDR. We did not ever discuss the outside photographer issue with them. We booked a room for our photographer, added her to our guest list, and went from there.

It sounds as if you may be able to talk with them up front and save a little money by booking a night for your photographer +/- assistant. Certainly be nicer for the phtographer I'd imagine. But you also open the door for them to say no, and then you're back at square one, using their crappy photographers or paying $500.

As for local talent. We used Elizabeth Medina and absoutely loved her. The end result was amazing and she was pretty reasonable when compared to other local photographers. The only additional costs for her were the acocmodations as she can drive to the resort. I HIGHLY recommend her, plus she knows the resort pretty well now as she's been there a few times.

Of course, Matt & Sol's work is also amazing, based on all of their weddings I have looked over!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigopens View Post
We had an excellent experience all around at EDR. We did not ever discuss the outside photographer issue with them. We booked a room for our photographer, added her to our guest list, and went from there.

It sounds as if you may be able to talk with them up front and save a little money by booking a night for your photographer +/- assistant. Certainly be nicer for the phtographer I'd imagine. But you also open the door for them to say no, and then you're back at square one, using their crappy photographers or paying $500.

As for local talent. We used Elizabeth Medina and absoutely loved her. The end result was amazing and she was pretty reasonable when compared to other local photographers. The only additional costs for her were the acocmodations as she can drive to the resort. I HIGHLY recommend her, plus she knows the resort pretty well now as she's been there a few times.

Of course, Matt & Sol's work is also amazing, based on all of their weddings I have looked over!

Have you written a review? I would LOVE to hear about your wedding.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...