Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So i just received our fantastic wedding pictures, which Sergio posted them on pictage for us to order. I could not believe when isaw it is $10 for a single 4X6. They are running a special now that is is 2 for 1, so $5, but that still seems so expensive, considering I want to order so many. Do they run any different specials/promotions? Is there any other way to order the pictures?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I knew the answer for you, is there a way you can buy a CD from him and print them yourself? I know this is an option sometimes. Good luck, and don't forget to post pics when you have some!

Link to post
Share on other sites

DON'T order from Pictage.. My wedding proofs came from them and the Black and white ones I just didn't like the quality. And lets be honest the price you pay.. it just isn't worth it. IMO I would use MPix.com They are "great" quality and sooooooo much cheaper.. I think an 4x6 is .29 cents and they send them to you pretty quick too..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisarosenbaum View Post
So i just received our fantastic wedding pictures, which Sergio posted them on pictage for us to order. I could not believe when isaw it is $10 for a single 4X6. They are running a special now that is is 2 for 1, so $5, but that still seems so expensive, considering I want to order so many. Do they run any different specials/promotions? Is there any other way to order the pictures?
Have you posted your pics on the fourm
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not Pictage that sets the prices. It's the photographer.

 

Most photographers charge more for prints than what you are charged at Walmart or Costco. $10 for a 4x6 is actually quite standard. The reason is, you are paying for the photo, not the paper. That photo is one of a kind. There isn't another like it.

 

Coscto and the like are charging you for their supplies, chemicals, paper, etc. When you buy a photo from a photographer you are buy a piece of art. The photographer could charge you only for the cost but then you are only getting a blank piece of paper.

 

We see our work as art and we charge what we feel our art is worth. It takes time, talent, and training to get the images we produce, so we charge a premium for better quality photos.

 

I hope that sheds some light on the issue. Just remember, you aren't buying the photo paper, you're buying the photo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
DON'T order from Pictage.. My wedding proofs came from them and the Black and white ones I just didn't like the quality. And lets be honest the price you pay.. it just isn't worth it. IMO I would use MPix.com They are "great" quality and sooooooo much cheaper.. I think an 4x6 is .29 cents and they send them to you pretty quick too..
Unfortunately she doesn't have a choice of where she orders from unless she gets a CD of images.

Pictage is a company photographers use to sell their images to clients. When the photographer puts them online, thats where the client can order them. They aren't online anywhere else. If she were to order a CD, she could order them from Costco or any other local store, or from an online printer such as Mpix.

Personally, I wouldn't order from Pictage either. I used to use pictage but was very unhappy with their service. Some photographers like them so it's up to your photographer
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthrasherphoto.com View Post
It's not Pictage that sets the prices. It's the photographer.

Most photographers charge more for prints than what you are charged at Walmart or Costco. $10 for a 4x6 is actually quite standard. The reason is, you are paying for the photo, not the paper. That photo is one of a kind. There isn't another like it.

Coscto and the like are charging you for their supplies, chemicals, paper, etc. When you buy a photo from a photographer you are buy a piece of art. The photographer could charge you only for the cost but then you are only getting a blank piece of paper.

We see our work as art and we charge what we feel our art is worth. It takes time, talent, and training to get the images we produce, so we charge a premium for better quality photos.

I hope that sheds some light on the issue. Just remember, you aren't buying the photo paper, you're buying the photo.
I couldnt have said this better myself... your photos are one of a kind...

But that said, I would see about getting your images on a CD...only so that they can be printed somewhere other than Pictage :)
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, $10 is very standard. It's actually on the low side. $20 is typical.

 

It's really important to look at the fee the photographer charges in addition to the price per picture. I picked a package that allows me to get my pictures on a CD so I can print them off on my own for 10 cents a picture. The package was more, but I really want the freedom to do whatever with my digital images. Can you buy a CD of images? It might be $200-$400.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBride View Post
I have my wedding pictures from the resort photographer on a CD with a letter giving me the right to reprint them and use them however I would like. I am taking that CD to my photographer here to have her retouch them and then I will be paying $45.00 per 5x7 for pictures I have the rights to and can get printed any where so I guess it depends on how you look at it. She did my BD pics and if she could make this body look good I can't wait to see what she does to my wedding pics. There is some back fat I would like removed in my pics for my wedding album!
If you want, I can show you how to remove back fat with photoshop. It depends on how much you want to do, but if it's just a crease it's really easy.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...