Photo

Southern CA gals - bridal store recs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nylalany

nylalany
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:27 AM

Any recommendations for stores with a very large selection of dresses? Do I really have to drive an hour or more to Orange County to go to Mon Amie and The White Dress and if so, are they worth it?

Also, any recs on where to find Jenny Packham besides RMine Bridal in the Valley?

Thanks!

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:10 AM

I purchased my dress at La Soie Bridal in Torrance. I tried Mon Amie (which was an amazing experiance) and Mary Me Bridal, both in Orange. But ended up purchasing my dress at LS.

La Soie Bridal - Wedding, Bridal, Bridesmaid, Prom Salon

#3 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:15 PM

I don't think Mon Amie is worth it...they are rather snobbish. They do have a wonderful selection though.

All of my married friends went there to try on dresses and have bad experiences all of which didn't buy their dress there. A couple bought their dress from Marry Me Bridal.

#4 mrsmark08

mrsmark08
        • 136 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:49 AM

I purchased my dress from a smaller botique in Fullerton called the Dresser Bridal CoutureThey are actully in the process of moving to a bigger location now. I looked at Mary Me Bridal and a couple of other places that seemed to carry similar dresses. I never bothered with Mon Amie because I knew I wasn't planning on spending more than $5000 for my dress, so I didn't want to go there and fall in love with something that was way over my budget. The Dresser had a great selection and the salesgirl I worked with Dianna was very sweet and very low pressure. She actually told me when to come back as the dress would likely go on sale. I waited, and it was on sale when I went back for it since it was from last season.

#5 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:05 AM

how odd, I had a great experiance at Mon Amie, however I had no idea that their dresses were so pricey! I was reccommended by two other brides and traveled about an hour to get there. But it was the first store I went to and kind of enjoyed it. However, I knew I wasn't going to purchase a dress that day and after looking at the prices, knew I wasn't going to get my dress there.

#6 nylalany

nylalany
            • 625 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:14 PM

Thanks guys! La Soie is not as far away and seems to have an interesting selection of designers I haven't tried, so I'm going to try to go there this week.

#7 nylalany

nylalany
              • 625 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:15 PM

Oh one more question - do they allow you to take photographs at La Soie? My mom and sis are on the east coast and it is helpful for me if I want their opinion, and some places are cool w/it, some are not.

#8 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:26 PM

Yes they do! We even took video, lol!

#9 nylalany

nylalany
                  • 625 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:43 PM

oh that is really good news, thanks!