Cabo Surf Brides

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:31 AM

Ooooh! That was a question I had for you Janet...did you pay cash for your balance due to Cabo Surf - like cold hard cash? And your rehearsal dinner? I know CS offers 5% off if you pay cash, but I just wasn't sure if that meant greenbacks or check.

And, yes, I sent an outline & spreadsheet to Armando regarding all of our details and he confirmed back with his own. Everything matched up, which is awesome! And he did waive the location fee even though we didn't book up all of our block.

#12 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
    • VIP Member
    • 931 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:37 AM

Hi girls. here is a question- what is the MAX guest list for the CS? I am having issues.

#13 Janet

Janet
      • VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:02 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
        Ooooh! That was a question I had for you Janet...did you pay cash for your balance due to Cabo Surf - like cold hard cash? And your rehearsal dinner? I know CS offers 5% off if you pay cash, but I just wasn't sure if that meant greenbacks or check.

And, yes, I sent an outline & spreadsheet to Armando regarding all of our details and he confirmed back with his own. Everything matched up, which is awesome! And he did waive the location fee even though we didn't book up all of our block.
        We paid with a check the morning after the wedding, for the exact amount we agreed upon pre-wedding. He said something about how he thinks we might have had more wine, but not to worry about it. OMG it was such a relief to know the amount ahead of time and just not have to worry about it. For some reason I had nightmares that somehow when it was all over there might be some hidden charge and I would freak...but no, I was just dramatic.

That's great they waived the site fee. They really are pretty chill there.

As for the welcome dinner, that was a big pain because we had to wire money, but since you aren't having that at La Panga I wouldn't worry. Just bring a check for Cabo Surf.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
        Hi girls. here is a question- what is the MAX guest list for the CS? I am having issues.
        I guess the number 100 sticks out in my mind....how much does Armando know about your "issues:? :) How many over are you? Listen....they will make it work. It's more $$ for them! Just remember that.

#14 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
        • VIP Member
        • 931 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:09 AM

um, no not yet! I want to wait until we have a final count. but with less than50% of rsvps in we have 80 guests :eek!:

#15 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:24 PM

Quote:
            um, no not yet! I want to wait until we have a final count. but with less than50% of rsvps in we have 80 guests :eek!:
            I wonder if they could fit more tables on the grass than in the restaurant area? If you are over 100 you might suggest that as an option?

#16 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
              Also, remember - at least with "traditional" weddings - the Yes replies always come in first, and fast. The ones that know they're coming respond first. It's the ones that aren't sure, or even the ones that know they're not, but maybe still hold out hope they can, that wait to respond (or just don't!).

#17 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:16 PM

Quote:
                Holy sh*t Tasha! How many people did you invite?? I'm gonna guess you will have the whole resort to yourselves at this rate - I'm sure they can make it work. I am so totally crashing your wedding!!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by akh
                Also, remember - at least with "traditional" weddings - the Yes replies always come in first, and fast. The ones that know they're coming respond first. It's the ones that aren't sure, or even the ones that know they're not, but maybe still hold out hope they can, that wait to respond (or just don't!).
                I hope you are right on this Ann! For me, I am making my best guess based on what I know. But, people are really unpredictable aren't they...I just would like people to fricking RSVP already so I know what I'm dealing with.

#18 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
                • VIP Member
                • 931 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:13 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
                  Holy sh*t Tasha! How many people did you invite?? I'm gonna guess you will have the whole resort to yourselves at this rate - I'm sure they can make it work. I am so totally crashing your wedding!!
                  Um... I am not sure to be honest. We sent out around 140 invites. Good times. I am sure that we will make it work... somehow. But so much for having a small DW with a few guests and a small budget. heh.

We actually did not book the whole resort! I think we booked 17 rooms. A lot of people are staying at condos, and my dad's WHOLE crew (about 30 people) are staying at Villa Los Arcos.
                  and you are totally welcome to crash the wedding!

Ann- I hope you're right, but there are a lot of guests that I know are coming, and have not rsvp'd yet. Like, a whole lot. So I think I am officially screwed.

oh well. roll with the punches, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users