Sign in to follow this  
Jenn3878

Mineral Makeup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
I have not tried either, however, many, many people (cousins/co-workers) have reccomended Bare Minerals. I plan to get it soon. I don't wear make-up during the week, my face break out with make-up, but I've been told this is great for sensitive skin.
my skin gets red & itchy with makeup. Not like breakouts, just irritation. It doesn't do this with bare minerals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
my skin gets red & itchy with makeup. Not like breakouts, just irritation. It doesn't do this with bare minerals.
Thanks Morgan. I break out. Next thing you know I wake up with a massive pimple!

I've been using bareminerals for about 4 months and I love it. You can't feel it on but it looks great. Like you are "done" but not "done-up".

Laura Mercier makes a similar loose mineral powder that's part of their "flawless face" line. I bought it before the wedding and used it and loved it. Not sure about the photos, though, the photographers warned me to be sure not to have anything shiny on my face that could reflect light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBride View Post
I don't know much about make up but I went to Sephora to have mine done and they used bare minerals. It was perfect for me because I'm not used to wearing a lot of make up. They sell bare escentuals kits which come out cheaper than buying everything separately so I bought it and took it to Jamaica with me and had the stylist that did my hair apply my make up. It turned out great. It wasn't too heavy and it stayed on all day in the hot sun.
so it photographed well?

I bought the bare essentials kit at Sephora and at first I loved bare minerals. But after about a month, I noticed I had started to break out. I quit using it and my skin returned to normal. I have really sensitive skin and I have to be careful with what I use. I break out very easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be View Post
I have a combo skin type - dry and oily. I wanted to try Bare Essentials - but I was sceptical that a powder would work well with oily skin.
Does anyone have experience with this?
That is kinda like me. My T-zone is super oily but my face can easily get too dry and flaky. I love b.e. even with my skin. The kit comes with some random lotion that I put on before hand and it helps with the dry parts.

I use Bare Minerals and LOVE it. It's true what they say about being able to sleep with it on and not breaking out from it.

However, I am using MAC for the wedding b/c I want a more matte finish and the MAC Studio Fix powder foundation works so well with all different types of lighting.