PPR Brides what kind of reception dinner

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hi I'm getting married at PPR next Nov. Was wondering what kind of reception everyone is having? Sit down? Buffett? CoolnChic? I'm having a hard time deciding between sitdown and buffet. I have at least one vegetarian and one person that doesn't eat red meat. Does anyone know if the PPR will let your guests pick what they want if its a sitdown?
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:32 PM

The same reception offerings are available at any Paradisus resort (just different prices) ...so at PPC we are doing our reception a la carte with a beach reception buffett. The Cool Chic seemed too expensive for what you actually get in our opinion.

#3 Copita

Copita
      • 979 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:41 PM

If it's a sit down dinner (which is what I'm doing), you can pick whatever you want. They give you menu selections to choose from.

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:50 PM

I was just told by Kelly that for a sit down, I would have to pick one salad, entree, and dessert. Which would be really hard since I have a couple of vegetarians in our group. I think I might have to do the buffett or beach grill.

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:55 PM

I saw the menus posted for some other resorts so I'd figure i post the PPR menus for girls who don't have them. I know before i chose a resort I wanted to look over menus, it's nice to see your options before making a decision.

Attached Files

#6 MrsTrussell2B

MrsTrussell2B
            • 90 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:11 PM

Kelly sent the menus to me today. I was a little disapointed in the Chill Out menu

#7 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

Yes, for a sit down dinner you have to choose one from each section ... which makes it hard.

We are only doing this for our rehearsal dinner -- and going with lobster as the main course. Anyone who doesn't like it will have to grab something to eat at the buffet or something after b/c that's the only option we had -- or no rehearsal dinner at all.

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
                  I saw the menus posted for some other resorts so I'd figure i post the PPR menus for girls who don't have them. I know before i chose a resort I wanted to look over menus, it's nice to see your options before making a decision.
                  The Chill Out Menu is for just an appetizer reception, if I remember correctly, so it looks okay for that purpose.

The Beach BBQ options look great. I actually like that one the best!

The Wedding Buffet is pretty well-rounded too.

The sit down menu is a bit limited, since you have to pick onl one of each course and everyone must eat the same thing -- but I like that there is a Surf-N-Turf option.

Our sit-down menus at PPC don't have that option, so we chose lobster and hope no one at the Rehearsal Dinner complains (although I know one of my BM's is really picky, so I know she won't eat it but she probably wouldn't have liked any of the options...)

#9 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:39 AM

I have a vegetarian in our group and another person that doesn't eat red meat. They would both eat the lobster. Do you think it's okay to have surf-n-turf even though they don't eat meat?

That may be my only workable option.

I would love to do the Beach BBQ but you need a min of 45 people (well at least pay for 45 ppl) same with buffett. Looks like we are only going to have 30 people.

#10 Copita

Copita
                    • 979 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:13 AM

I would do the surf & turf but talk to your wedding coordinator about the vegans. I am SURE she can talk to the chef and have something worked out for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users