Sign in to follow this  
monicabrandon2008

New Princess resort in Riviera Maya

There is a new Princess resort opening next month in the Riviera Maya! The resort is Grand Sunset Princess or Grand Riviera Princess. They are the same just two different sides of the resort. There's not alot of info. out there on this resort seeing that it hasn't opened yet but from what I see it is beautiful!! Very classy at an amazing price (trying to get business and their name out there). The cheapest website I found was discountvacations.com

I am still in search of the "perfect resort." This may be the one! I am looking for the best deal out there in order to allow my friends and family to be able to come. I thought this may help a bride just like me STILL looking for the next best thing. Now I'm off to get in contact with the resort to get wedding info.

I wrote the resort and nobody ever wrote back, but some nice woman from another forum sent me info. I attached it - hopefully that worked.

Of course, it doesn't list menus or even contact info as far as I can tell.

If anyone knows how I can tour the property when I go down next week, please let me know. I tried writing the general email for the parent company, but I haven't heard back. Unfortunately, it doesn't open until the following week.

Princess_Wedding Packages Mexico 2008-2.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylalany View Post
I wrote the resort and nobody ever wrote back, but some nice woman from another forum sent me info. I attached it - hopefully that worked.

Of course, it doesn't list menus or even contact info as far as I can tell.

If anyone knows how I can tour the property when I go down next week, please let me know. I tried writing the general email for the parent company, but I haven't heard back. Unfortunately, it doesn't open until the following week.
Thanks for the package price. I will let you know if I get in touch with anyone. I hope I have some luck so you can check it out when you go down there next week.
Someone posted this on tripadvisor:
You can email their reservations people and ask.
reservas@princess-hotels.com
It took them three days to respond to me, but they did write back with answers the questions that I asked.

I'm going to try that email.

That is the email I sent a couple emails to already and they never wrote back! I wrote from a yahoo address - I wonder if it got marked as spam for them or something?

Here are photos I took during my self-guided tour of the resort. Keep in mind, it is not open yet, and also, somehow, it was prettier in person than in the photos. I was actually very impressed and thought it was the prettiest of the mega resorts I saw down there (mega resort being resorts with 1000+ rooms). It is a long walk to the beach from the lobby, but it seems like that is true of most of the big resorts.

Picasa Web Albums - Sarah - Grand Sunset ...

I think that resort is going to be amazingly beautiful! The beach will be gorgeous after the construction is done. I'm just afraid with it not even being complete yet that at the time I have my wedding the kinks won't be worked out yet. grrrrr I still don't know what I want yet. Hope I don't put it off too much longer, I'm ready to get married on the beach but just wish I had someone make all of the decisions for me :)

I agree with you. It is supposed to open next week so hopefully you can read some reviews once it does. But I'm thinking of a May wedding too (yes we're both last minute!) and to be honest, the WC didn't seem to know much about anything as of yet. I'm also thinking of waiting until November, and I assume more of the plants will be grown in by then, but seriously, it is really nice already. I'm debating having my guests lodge there and having some sort of welcome cocktails and rehearsal dinner there, but having my wedding off property at a little beach restaurant I fell in love with that specializes in weddings. Of course, that means renting vans to shuttle people and dealing with parents complaining about having to leave early to take their kids back, etc. which is definitely an issue...