Photo

How strict is that 30 day policy?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CaboDate

CaboDate
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:45 PM

Question for you married ladies out there..
    I'm in the process of changing my name.. and I saw the Social Security Administration (and the DMV) both say it has to be done within 30 days of your wedding date. Did anyone do it later than that? Or is the SS very strict with that 30 day policy? I'm running really close to my 30 days and hope to go tomorrow.. but my work schedule is all across the board this week!
    Thanks..
    Amy & Todd
    Cabo San Lucas
    October 20th, 2007

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:15 PM

I work in an income tax office and a lot of women never changed their last names with social security. They didn't even realize they had to. I'm talking women who have been married from anywhere to 3 months to over 20 years. I've never heard of any of them getting in trouble when they did it years after the fact. That's all I know about it. wish i could help more. - Danielle
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,328 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

a coworker of mine was married in august in st. lucia and she just changed her name two weeks ago...

you should be fine!

#4 CaboDate

CaboDate
        • 129 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:02 PM

Thank you so much.. I was freaking out.. the wait was 2 hours long last week when I tried to go, and I don't have that much time tomorrow to get it done! I feel better!
          Amy & Todd
          Cabo San Lucas
          October 20th, 2007

#5 Jessica

Jessica
          • VIP Member
          • 11,939 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:21 PM

i didn't even realize they had a due date. that seems silly since you can change your legal name at anytime. why would they put a restriction on marriage? i haven't changed mine yet but may in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users