• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 weez

• 151 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 07:56 PM

Hi guys, I have been going back and forth with my coordinator about legalitys for my mayan wedding and know from reading this forum along with other websites that I need to get my birth certificate apostilled and translated, now my wedding coordinator has e-mailed me back saying that neither of us need to get our birth certificates apostilled we just need our passports! Does this sound weird to anyone else? HELP?!

#2 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 18 November 2006 - 09:05 PM

this doesnt sound weird...each judge in mexico has their own rules...one of our recent brides that got married last weekend didn't even need to have a blood test in mexico. she was able to get it done in the states.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 BetRam

• 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:02 PM

I'm going through the process of getting apostilles for our birth certificates right now too. If you're really worried, get the apostilles and take them just in case. One of the resorts I am considering requires passports and birth certificates with apostilles. Good luck!

#4 mexicobride

• 88 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:03 PM

The same thing happened to me today. I was under the impression that we needed the apostilles, but I got an email from the resort saying we don't even need our birth certificates, just passports and tourist visas. I'm so confused and I just want to be sure we are actually married when we are there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users