Hello all! I've been on this site for a while since I started planning my wedding last year. I'm getting married in May this year. It is only four months to go!! I am so stressed. We will have around 35 guests. Most of us will stay at Pradisus La Perla in Playa del Carmen. Now I haven't finalized lots of things. Please I need everyone's help!
1. We need private transportation to drive our guests to the venue and back to hotels. Since not everyone is staying in the same place, we are thinking about getting everyone meet up at our hotel and pick up/drop off them together. I contacted many transportation companies and they quoted me over $500 USD for 3 to 4 vans for 35 people. Is it a good price? The transportation is kind of out of my budget. If we call the cabs, will it be cheaper? Is it convinient and safe to do cabs?
2. We haven't finalize our reception menu yet. We were planning a site trip last year. But I changed my job and things get so busy and crazy. We have to cancel the trip. So we didn't get chance to do the food tasting Anyone can suggest which dishes to get from them? Is 3-Course meal or Buffet a good choice?
3. Is there a Walmart or other type of supermarket in Playa del Carmen that we can go to pick up some decorations or goods? We will bring some decorations with us but if we can get those stuff over there, that will make things much easier!!
4. My bride's maid will do my makeup, but now I need to get a hair style artist. I'm thinking about using the hotel salon, but am wondering if there is better choice with good price? Did any bride go to the town to get the hair done or hire an artist to come to the hotel for it??
5. Any brides use silk or real touch flowers for the wedding decoration (arch and centerpieces)? How did that turn out??