@@babijol

Yup tai flora did not give us a quote until about a month ago. It was very frustrating and they came up with a ridiculous number. Since they were taking forever for a quote I demanded the hotel provide me with more qualified vendors to use. I got a quote from JM floral which was very reasonable and we will be using them.

@@Kcusack89 they are so unprofessional! The rep I sat with had the nerve to say they are the #1 florist in Jamaica LOL

Edited by babijol

@@babijol they were very nice to us at our meeting in January but seriously the only excuse I got for not receiving a quote was they they were busy. Inappropriate. I told my wedding planner that I couldn't be expected to come up with soem unknown amount of money (I know from other brides that they are expensive.) With short notice. To give some in site their quote was about 5000 and JM 1500 for 5 tables and a sweet heart table

post-286706-0-87751400-1492019082_thumb.png

post-286706-0-01541200-1492019094_thumb.png

• Like 1

@babijol- for the bridal suite and the outside vendors, are they keeping track of that in order to collect the $500 vendor fee? I'm using an outside make up artist but was just  going to purchase a day pass for her for $125 instead of paying the $500 fee, do you think this will still work with getting her into the bridal suite without them knowing I didn't pay the fee? This may be a good idea too since I'll have at least 6  girls getting makeup done and we will probably all get our hair done at the spa. 

• Like 1

@@Kcusack89 I can't believe Tai Flora quoted you $5000 :o . I can only imagine what my quote will be because I'm having 100 guests with 10 reception tables. 

@@Harrisc15 ---- I think your MUA should be able to use the zen spa. I think once you've paid to secure use the suite you can bring whomever you want there.  

While I was at the Hyatt I met a lady who got married there last year.  She told me that I can ask the hotel to waive some of the vendor fees.  She told me that she used outside vendor for photography, DJ and floral and decor and she asked the hotel to waive the vendor fees and they did. I asked her if they did just like that no questions asked and she said yes they did. It doesn't hurt to ask so I plan on asking once I've selected my outside vendors to have some of the fees waived. I don't mind paying some but if I could waive the vendor fee for the MUA and photographer I'll take that! 

@@babijol they are obnoxious lol be on top of you WC to get you a quote asap so you can budget and plan accordingly

@@Kcusack89 I just logged on and noticed that your wedding was a few weeks ago. Congrats! I hope your day was perfect  :) . Please share any tips that you have as far as the wedding day and your vendors etc.  

@@babijol everything was lovely as far as vendors I'd highly recommend Denise Mason for photography I had wpaj booked but they were a no show and Denise saved my wedding! That was the only vendor I used besides florals I went with I'm flora and loved my centerpieces and bouquet!

• Like 1

@@Kcusack89 what a coincidence I actually booked Denise Mason back in April for my wedding! I'm glad that you were pleased with her

I just got the entertainment list with prices. There's a listing for "DJ" then "Dj with sound system". Anyone ask about this? If we choose "DJ" is there not a sound system included? Just wanted to find out before I ask my coordinator.

Can you send me any "additional cost" list you might have. This cost might help me make a decision.