Photo

Newb - Feeling Discouraged - Is Dec. Impossibly Expensive?

2016 Brides Travel Expenses Budgeting

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:48 AM

Hi @beachbeth!  Don't feel discouraged, like the ladies said you just need to find the right agent.  This was the hardest part of the process for me so far and I'm 3 1/2 months away from my day.

We used Total Advantage Travel & Tours in Toronto and they were able to beat our original quote by $130 for each guest. Making my guests travel only $1259 pp incl tax from April 26-May 3.  I know it's not the season you're looking for but it's worth reaching out to them for a quote.

Good luck and keep us posted!

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#12 beachbeth

beachbeth
  • 12 posts
    • LocationLondon Ontario

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:41 PM

Hi @beachbeth!  Don't feel discouraged, like the ladies said you just need to find the right agent.  This was the hardest part of the process for me so far and I'm 3 1/2 months away from my day.

We used Total Advantage Travel & Tours in Toronto and they were able to beat our original quote by $130 for each guest. Making my guests travel only $1259 pp incl tax from April 26-May 3.  I know it's not the season you're looking for but it's worth reaching out to them for a quote.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks I definitely will. Everytime I think of planning one at home I just "Nope!" right out of there. I know the beach is the way to go!!

#13 tpenner

tpenner
    • 29 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:39 PM

We are going to Mayan riviera at Sandos Caracol Dec 1-8 from Edmonton. Prices were 1775 a person. I'm not sure if that is close enough to Christmas for you though.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

#14 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
      • 4,506 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

We are going to Mayan riviera at Sandos Caracol Dec 1-8 from Edmonton. Prices were 1775 a person. I'm not sure if that is close enough to Christmas for you though.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I've stayed there and enjoyed it :) congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#15 Deannak

Deannak
      • 13 posts
        • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:44 PM

Also remember our dollar keeps going down, so that factors a lot with pricing !

#16 AdamnJenn17

AdamnJenn17
        • 161 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

yes those are the two most expensive times and if you are looking for 5 star quality - unfortunately you are going to have to pay for it - Why not have a more intimate wedding - say 15 people and do a reception back home for everyone else.

Let your guests know the prices and if they want to come they can - if not the reception will be another opportunity to share in your love.  You can use some saved budget to help those who are attending with the cost if you like.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Travel Expenses, Budgeting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users