Photo

Help! Need Location Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jellym

Jellym
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:29 AM

Hello ladies! I got engaged in Jan 2015 and we are planning to host our wedding in Jamaica! We aren't set on a date as yet but are thinking early 2017. I need help in finding a location! Somewhere in the Negril or Montego Bay Area. Nice, reasonably priced venues! Our budget is 12-16K. Any suggestions?

#2 beckys98

beckys98
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

Congratulations! I was married in June in Montego Bay (my husband is also Jamaican). We ideally wanted to be in Negril, but a lot of the resorts there were adults-only and we had a few children to accommodate. We also had a lot of guests coming for just 4 nights, so being in Montego Bay with the proximity of the airport really allowed them maximize their vacation time. We were a little bummed to give up on Negril, but we absolutely loved Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

How many people do you expect? Of course your budget makes a difference if you're talking 20 guests or 100 guests! Happy to answer any questions about the 3 Iberostar Rose Hall properties (they are add adjacent to each other, just different price points.)

#3 Jellym

Jellym
    • 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

We are going to send out 100 invites expecting maybe 85. I've fallen in love with the humming bird hall because I like the fact that there isn't a requirement for a certain number of guests so we have some flexibility.

Congratulations! I was married in June in Montego Bay (my husband is also Jamaican). We ideally wanted to be in Negril, but a lot of the resorts there were adults-only and we had a few children to accommodate. We also had a lot of guests coming for just 4 nights, so being in Montego Bay with the proximity of the airport really allowed them maximize their vacation time. We were a little bummed to give up on Negril, but we absolutely loved Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

How many people do you expect? Of course your budget makes a difference if you're talking 20 guests or 100 guests! Happy to answer any questions about the 3 Iberostar Rose Hall properties (they are add adjacent to each other, just different price points.)

Which three properties are included in the Iberostar Rose Hall properties?

#4 beckys98

beckys98
      • 543 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

@Jellym Oh! So you're planning to do the wedding off-resort? I missed that when I read your question.

The Iberostars are called Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and Iberostar Rose Hall Grand.

#5 Jellym

Jellym
      • 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:34 PM

Yes. It will just work out better for us. I've got some options so I'm hopeful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 tiffanyt

tiffanyt
        • 107 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 23, 2017
        • Wedding Location:Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
        • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:06 PM

@Jellym I'm in the early stages as well and have been torn between resort sites and off resort sites. One off resort I found that is gorgeous is Rose Hall in Montego Bay. What other off-resort sites have you looked into?

#7 Jellym

Jellym
        • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:20 PM

I've been looking into hummingbird hall. It's beautiful!

#8 Jellym

Jellym
          • 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:39 AM

Just pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users