Deecol's Planning Thread - Gbp - April 30Th, 2016

@@deecol. Of course fingers are crossed for you!! They wouldn't be any other way!! You WILL be fine!! I know it! You've got this girl, no problem!!

• Like 1

@@acw271011 You're the best  :)

Just got an email from GBP assigning our wedding coordinator to us!  We have been assigned Andrea.  I'm looking forward to getting everything planned!

• Like 1

@@deecol Oh that means you're really close! lol Once you get your coordinator it almost means "you're up next" lol  I think I recognize the name and it seems I've heard good things. Good luck!!

Hey - question for you. Do you know if the complex has a private adults only beach area? I'm really trying to work with going there in April but since we stayed at an adults only resort in October, Doug is now stuck on the idea. Gran Bahia has the Sian Kaan but it's actually across the highway and it means taking the resort shuttle over to the beach, which Doug wasn't happy about. They have their own pools and stuff and anyone from any part of the resort that is over 18 can use their facilities. My cousin is already booked into Akumal. They booked last summer and since it's from the UK they're doing the usual 2 weeks that Brits do. (I so wish we could do it too!!!) It's her 40th wedding anniversary and I haven't made it home since 2009 so I would just about give everything I own to be able to meet up with them in Mexico. I'm trying to find things that I can use to convince Doug to be in the same location, otherwise I know he's going to want to be somewhere else and to me that defeats the purpose of being there. I want to spend some time with my family so it doesn't make any sense to not be at the same resort. But if the beach isn't adults only, or at least a part of it, it just won't fly with Doug. If I can say "yeah, there is an adults only beach section" then I might be able to convince him that Akumal is ok and that we could do all of the other adults only activities. I posted the question on the Gran Bahia FB site but nobody has answered yet.

• Like 1

@@acw271011 ahhh I know!  So close!  I've asked the resort forum about Andrea and haven't heard anything yet, but I'm sure she'll be great!

I'm so sorry. the only thing I know about the resort being adult only is Sian Kaan like you mentioned.  Since we knew we had a couple kiddies joining us we didn't even look into adults only so I'm afraid I have no information for you!  You mentioned possibly being there during the two weeks I'm there, even though it might be different resorts, it would be incredible if we could meet up, and if you were there for the big day!  Keep me posted!  And I hope someone gets back to you soon!  If not, is there a travel agent you can speak to and ask?

• Like 1

@@acw271011 ahhh I know!  So close!  I've asked the resort forum about Andrea and haven't heard anything yet, but I'm sure she'll be great!

I'm so sorry. the only thing I know about the resort being adult only is Sian Kaan like you mentioned.  Since we knew we had a couple kiddies joining us we didn't even look into adults only so I'm afraid I have no information for you!  You mentioned possibly being there during the two weeks I'm there, even though it might be different resorts, it would be incredible if we could meet up, and if you were there for the big day!  Keep me posted!  And I hope someone gets back to you soon!  If not, is there a travel agent you can speak to and ask?

I'm going to see what I can find out. There will be places I can ask, I'm sure of it. But thanks for the reply. If you happen to get in touch with your WC, if you think of it run it by her if you can? She definitely would know but I'm going to ask our TA that we used and see what he knows as well.

Need opinions!

I bought my girls their dresses as their bridesmaids gift, but I want to give them a little something on the day. They both have pandora bracelets and I found this charm that goes with our colours as well:

post-281751-145227586421_thumb.jpg

What do you think?

(Sorry for the poor quality of the pic, I took a screen shot)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by deecol
  • Like 4

Thank you @ and @@ashhtayy you convinced me I've ordered and they are expected to arrive on Tuesday. Another thing to cross off my list

I'm off to the bridal shop in a couple hours to get the corset put in. I'm so nervous/excited! I can't wait to see the finished product in a month!

We're sending our Wedding Wishes into the coordinator today, I'm sure there will be a lot of back-and-forth but I'm so excited to get this part started!

• Like 4

I think his ring is great! Men are funny - Shawn was the same. Never takes it off.

I think a charm is fantastic. The one you posted is great or even one that is something to their interests (animals, travel, etc) anything will be awesome.

I almost got mine a Pandora bracelet as they have specials often (spend $159 get a free bracelet type thing) but one never came before I got their gifts.

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 1

@@calgarybride2015 So funny!  He texted me the next morning and said he put on his ring again... and said "I don't even have an excuse this time" hahaha I love it  :)

The charms should arrive tomorrow, I hope they're as pretty as the pic!  I always get my sister charms like a cat on her birthday or a Christmas teddy bear for Christmas, but I wanted this one to relate to the wedding in a way, so that when they looked at it they thought about that day.

Not really an update but I was sitting in the bridal shop on Saturday waiting for the seamstress and I was in awe of how beautiful my dress looked hanging there

post-281751-145252861673_thumb.jpg

I actually love it more and more every time I see it and try it on. The seamstress is adding a corset to the back and I've lost a little weight so it really gives me an hour glass now. I'm picking up on feb 8th and will be sure to post pics! It will hopefully be the only fitting and alterations I need as the length is perfect. I'm so excited!!!

We sent our wedding wishes to the resort over the weekend and Andrea is being really responsive so far. Hopefully this continues!

• Like 6