341 replies to this topic

#211 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:14 PM

@perianjay I'm glad you have a friend who is committed with you. It really does make a difference. 

@maybeoneday 9.5 lbs in 4 weeks is nothing to sneeze at! That's fantastic! And so exciting that you are almost at your wedding date. Have so much fun!

@RivieraBride15 Wow - that's a noticeable difference! Good for you. How long between the first and second photo? Just curious...

I've been pretty successful since I last checked in. Got all my workouts in last weekend and have 4 complete (out of 6) this week, so on track there. I've also done well on the food front - even over the weekend wasn't too bad. Surprisingly what I thought would be my worst food day was actually my best  :)

However, I'm going to be away for 7 days for work and a visit with friends/family, leaving Tuesday, so that's going to be tough. I'll be good where I can and workout when possible, but I'm prepping myself for a rather unsuccessful week. I have booked a hotel & AirBnB with gyms, so will make an effort. And the AirBnB will help out with eating at least a few healthy meals at "home" (there's supposed to be a grocery store around the corner). But I already have 3 nights booked for fancy schmancy work dinners, plus at least another 2 nights out with friends. So it ain't gonna be pretty.

However, on the upside, I weighed myself last weekend and did lose 4.5 lbs in 2 weeks!  :D I'm going to weigh myself again this weekend, so that I know how well (or poorly) I do during my travels.  :wacko:

Good luck, ladies, with all of your fitness, nutrition & wedding goals this week. Oh, and I've barely managed to make it on this site lately, so I'm sorry if I've missed out on anything. I will try to catch up soon.

Edited by vancouverpetunia, 08 October 2015 - 09:15 PM.

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#212 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:22 PM

Have fun!!! Do the best you can. When you get home drink lots of water and get right back to it --
You may find you don't gain or you lose it in a week. I usually don't hop on the scale right away as lots is bloat. I wait a few days to access the real damage. 4.5 is awesome--- good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#213 RivieraBride15

RivieraBride15
  • 97 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationScranton, PA

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:27 AM

@vancouverpetunia

I bought my dress last November and the 2nd pic was this week.  Although, I didn't start trying to lose weight until April - May.  Enjoy your time away!

#214 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:12 AM

Ahhh I've been so MIA this week!

@calgarybride2015 You're doing so amazing!!!

@perianjay Welcome back and good for you and your girlfriend making a pact!  I'm here to support any time!

@Wafflesmom I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better!!!

@maybeoneday That's amazing weight loss!  You should be super proud of yourself and enjoy your wedding week!  You're so close!!!

@RivieraBride15 Wowww!!!  Well done!  You look great!

@vancouverpetunia You sound like you are so on track!  Planning for your week is a great step, if you fall off slightly don't be too hard on yourself!  You need to enjoy life!

My Update:

Went to spinning twice this week, weights once because it's been so crazy, but I'm hitting it hard this weekend.  I've been really good with diet, and actually lost another lb.  I've finally hit that point where people are starting to notice my weight loss, which is soooo motivating!

This week's goals:

Fitness - Spin again 2-3 times.  HiitMax, repeat weeks 1/2.  I should be moving onto week 3 but I find the first two weeks so challenging I'm going to repeat.  Weights 4 times.  Continue to eat well.

Wedding - continue to work on music lists and get all the songs downloaded.  We're going to check out the boxing day sales for our wedding bands and the guys suits so that's temp on hold.  We had more people book and a couple people pay in full... so reality hit! lol will update in my planning thread.

Thanks again as always for being so motivating!!! xoxo

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#215 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:57 AM

Wow, everyone is doing so well with their goals!

@RivieraBride15 that is seriously amazing. That's a tremendous accomplishment in less than a year, kudos

@vancouverpetunia you go girl! I love your motivation, 4.5 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome! I have no doubts that you'll do well while you're away. And good on you for making sure your airbnb have gyms.

@deecol despite your hectic week, you still managed to stay active and stay on your meal plans so that's awesome! And isn't it great when ppl start noticing the weight loss? It just makes my day when that happens. Oh and congrats on more bookings, woohoo. And good call on taking advantage of boxing day sales!

Ok so as for me, now that I'm better I have gone back to working out. I managed to go to bootcamp twice but sadly missed my two pilates classes since I worked late twice this week. My first bootcamp nearly killed me and it took two days to get over all the squats we did. It felt great to be back though! Der and I have been good at meal planning and have been snacking less at night. Despite my two weeks off from exercising, I managed to maintain my weight so yay!

Goals for this week:
- Gym is closed on Monday bc of Thanksgiving so workout 3x
- Buy hiitmax. @deecol you seem to enjoy it so I think that's a sign that I should finally commit and try it
- Continue with meal planning

Wedding goals
- Complete OOT bags
bags

Edited by Wafflesmom, 09 October 2015 - 05:59 AM.

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#216 cruisebride2016

cruisebride2016
  • 119 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 13, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica during Western Caribbean Cruise
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:30 PM

Finally found time to update. My game plan for the cruise definitely helped!! Usually, I gain 5 pounds in a week, but this time I only gained 2.5 pounds. My fiance and I used the stairs majority of the time, even going up 9 flights a few times! I think this made a huge difference. I also stuck to no bread with dinner and looking over the menu ahead of time.

unfortunately, I could have done better last week after returning from the trip. I was stressed with catching up on work after vacation and allowed myself to eat out more often than I should have instead of cooking at home. I am starting to get back on track on this week.

I skipped my workout last Tuesday, but got to the gym on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. Today, I signed up for the new exercise program that I tried with my coworker a few weeks ago. I will go to this class once a week (starting tomorrow) and continue my regular exercise routine three times a week.

My goals will be similar to prior to vacation with tracking daily on MyFitnessPal, staying within my calories, going to the gym four times this week, and doing quick exercises at home on the nights I don't go to the gym.

Ladies, keep up the great work! We just need to take one day at a time :)

event.png

#217 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:20 AM

@cruisebride2016 Well done on controlling yourself on a trip!!!  You sound like you have a great mindset and great goals :)

@Wafflesmom Did you try HiitMax?

I tried on my wedding dress this weekend, only the second time I've tried it on since I bought it in February.  It is a bit closer to closing but I think I'm going to get the corset either way.  My bit of weight loss was clear and I had more of an hour-glass figure in it, it looks like a different dress, I'm so happy!

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#218 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:09 PM

@deecol I did the Monday Phase 1 set yesterday and it was good. At first I read it and thought, this seems easy enough, we do this at bootcamp. Plus with half of it at a rest for a minute each, seemed easy and 15 minutes total? I could do that with my eyes closed. Well I don't know if it was the Thanksgiving dinner the night previous or not but the 15 second reps of the jump squat and jump knee squats x6 nearly killed me! Lol I downloaded a tabata timer to keep time of the reps. Clearly I underestimated the intensity. Did my Pilates today and will be doing my bootcamp tomorrow and Pilates on Thursday so I might do the Tuesday phase 1 on Friday. So far I love it, thanks Dee

Oh and I can't wait to see what your dress looks like on you now. I bet Col's jaw will drop once he sees you in your dress!

Edited by Wafflesmom, 13 October 2015 - 07:10 PM.

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#219 cruisebride2016

cruisebride2016
  • 119 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 13, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica during Western Caribbean Cruise
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:46 PM

@deecol Thank you! I am trying to be realistic and work hard! That is great news about your dress! I bought my dress in March and haven't tried it on since then. I feel like I have lost a few inches, but not sure. Maybe I should schedule a fitting just to check the progress.

I did my new workout tonight and it definitely got me sweating!! I'm glad I went because we had a lunch meeting with a catered Mexican meal today and I ate more than I should have, so I had some extra calories to burn off :)

event.png

#220 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:53 AM

@Wafflesmom It's a lot tougher than it seems!!! 15 minute sounds like nothing but it's killer!!!  I'm so glad you tried it and liked it!

Col is so curious about my dress lol!  But there is no way he's seeing it until the big day.  I got a pic but it's awful - I'll try it on again next time I go to my mom's and take a better one.  I actually love it so much more than I already did!  I can't believe I get to wear something so beautiful :)

@cruisebride2016 Oooo we bought our dresses around the same time!  I would def try it on especially if you feel like you've already lost a few inches.  You may be pleasantly surprised or it may give you a kick in the butt!

I tried to scroll back but I couldn't find it - when is your wedding date again?

event.png

My Planning Thread:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, 2016 Brides, Fitness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users