506 replies to this topic

#81 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:05 AM

Thanks for the tip! I will probably order 5 sets :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#82 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:10 AM

I second @perianjay, the proposal boxes are very cute. I feel like the most unromantic person ever, I basically just asked my MOH's to be there and they said yes haha. I kind of wish I had done something sweet like you :) 

event.png

#83 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:58 AM

@Ashhtayy I love the "proposal" boxes to your wedding party! Those are so adorable. I had originally wanted to do that for mine but I just mailed them cards since we dont see each other very often. I'm sure your wedding party loved them! WIll you FI do anything special for his groomsmen too? I had to force my FI into handing out cute cards that had a bowtie on them that said "your service as a groomsman is required" (or something along those lines). Can't wait to hear more!

Edited by yycbride2016, 21 July 2015 - 06:02 AM.

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#84 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:00 AM

I second @perianjay, the proposal boxes are very cute. I feel like the most unromantic person ever, I basically just asked my MOH's to be there and they said yes haha. I kind of wish I had done something sweet like you :)

Agreed, me too!  I didn't realize people did this until I found this board.

I have only been to 2 weddings, one was when I was a teenager.  The second I was a BM and she only just asked me personally too.    HAHAH  like I said in my planning thread, if it wasn't for this board my wedding would have been 'special'

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#85 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:12 AM

@ashhtayy The choices for the welcome cocktail at the sky deck should be on the first email you got. There's one document explaining all the perks at the sky deck, and the options are right there :)

I chose my hair appointment about 3 months out. I also asked and you can change things around once you get there. I budgeted for extra time for my hair because hairdressers never take into account the amount and length of my hair, and then complain that it takes them so long and they're late. I'll see how the trial goes, and if less time is needed, I can just change it up before the wedding. So definitely don't stress about that right now. In a few months, I'd pick the day of your trial and then a tentative time for your wedding day hair and makeup. They told me to budget 2 hours for both of them on the day of, so I budgeted anywhere from 2.5-3. It's always better to have extra time rather than to run around trying to play catch up. 

@TinkerSofi yes, i missed it. what did you pick? if i didn't have to consider mike's choice i would be going with the bellini or sangria lol he is on a work trip but gets back friday - i will run it by him :)

smart call extending your hair appointment! you are FULL of great tips. thank you!

Thanks for the tip! I will probably order 5 sets :)

@perianjay here are some details:

• Cost - $13USD each (rather than $14.75USD)
  • Shipping - $27USD
  • Ordered - 5 on 03/26/2015 & a 6th on 03/29/2015
  • Shipped - 04/06/2015
  • Delivered - 04/14/2015

I'm either super impatient or the date of delivery is incorrect. It felt as if they took 3 weeks to arrive but etsy says i got them 8 days later. either way, they arrived, they're adorable and all the girls loved them :)

@TinkerSofi it was REALLY hard to wait until i finished the boxes to ask my girls. some of them told me afterwards they were like 'what the f, why isn't she asking us?' lol so, it actually may have been more kind to ask everyone right away. we were engaged in October and i didn't ask anyone until the end of April and early May. i knew who i was asking the entire time, i just wanted the proposal to be perfect haha

#86 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:20 AM

That shipping cost tho! Wowww lol. She offered me $13.50 for 5.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#87 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:21 AM

@Ashhtayy I love the "proposal" boxes to your wedding party! Those are so adorable. I had originally wanted to do that for mine but I just mailed them cards since we dont see each other very often. I'm sure your wedding party loved them! WIll you FI do anything special for his groomsmen too? I had to force my FI into handing out cute cards that had a bowtie on them that said "your service as a groomsman is required" (or something along those lines). Can't wait to hear more!

@yycbride2016 thank you! i saw your cards and they were great. i'm sure your girls and your FIs guys loved them!

Mike was thinking of using fiverr to propose. for those of you unaware of fiverr...check it out. basically you can pay strangers $5 to do just about anything - edit your essay, create a video for you, etc. anyways, we found this guy that makes these super offside and hilarious videos and he will say whatever you want. we thought that would be a funny way for him to propose because we thought he wouldn't be able to see his groomsmen in person for awhile. all that changed because we are going to be there for 10 days in august. still looking for an idea or a gift for them!

#88 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:34 AM

@ashhtayy Ah thats hilarious. I love that idea. Let us know what you end up deciding to do!

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#89 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:45 AM

That shipping cost tho! Wowww lol. She offered me $13.50 for 5.

@perianjay get your hustle on! tell her she came recommended and that i got $13/set (she agreed to that before I ordered the 6th). i can email you screen shots if needed. 

#90 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:46 AM

@TinkerSofi yes, i missed it. what did you pick? if i didn't have to consider mike's choice i would be going with the bellini or sangria lol he is on a work trip but gets back friday - i will run it by him :)

smart call extending your hair appointment! you are FULL of great tips. thank you!

@perianjay here are some details:

• Cost - $13USD each (rather than $14.75USD)
  • Shipping - $27USD
  • Ordered - 5 on 03/26/2015 & a 6th on 03/29/2015
  • Shipped - 04/06/2015
  • Delivered - 04/14/2015
I'm either super impatient or the date of delivery is incorrect. It felt as if they took 3 weeks to arrive but etsy says i got them 8 days later. either way, they arrived, they're adorable and all the girls loved them :)

@TinkerSofi it was REALLY hard to wait until i finished the boxes to ask my girls. some of them told me afterwards they were like 'what the f, why isn't she asking us?' lol so, it actually may have been more kind to ask everyone right away. we were engaged in October and i didn't ask anyone until the end of April and early May. i knew who i was asking the entire time, i just wanted the proposal to be perfect haha

We had picked the mojito at first I think but then someone said it was disgusting so we switched it to sangria. Hopefully that's good!

Bellini is probably really good too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@yycbride2016 thank you! i saw your cards and they were great. i'm sure your girls and your FIs guys loved them!

Mike was thinking of using fiverr to propose. for those of you unaware of fiverr...check it out. basically you can pay strangers $5 to do just about anything - edit your essay, create a video for you, etc. anyways, we found this guy that makes these super offside and hilarious videos and he will say whatever you want. we thought that would be a funny way for him to propose because we thought he wouldn't be able to see his groomsmen in person for awhile. all that changed because we are going to be there for 10 days in august. still looking for an idea or a gift for them!

OMG. This is the best idea ever hahah. I would still do it and send it to them before you leave haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Mexico, Planning Tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users