• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 peachykeen159

• 69 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Las Caletas
  • LocationPuerto Vallarta

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

How much are you guys planning on spending on your bridesmaids? I feel like because we're having a destination wedding and the wedding party is spending money to join us, we need to spending a little more. 

#2 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:15 PM

I spent about $80 per girl on their gifts and I also paid $40'of each of their dresses. I wish I could have done more but the girls were shocked and super happy with it. Do what you can :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#3 rachelia160

• 296 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Jade
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:41 AM

I bought my girls their jewelry, getting ready robes, a beach bag, a wet bikini bag, tank tops, and an Alex and Ani bracelet as their actual "gift" (I might be forgetting some things), but it probably added up to about $130 per bridesmaid (I had 5). I wish I could have done more, but they were all overwhelmed that I even did that much and were so grateful and appreciative. I would do what you can, but don't feel like you have to break the bank for them - I'm sure they wouldn't want you to stress over money for stuff for them with all the other wedding expenses.

#4 acw271011

• Moderators
  • 3,123 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:13 PM

I agree with the ladies. Just do what you can. I think any bridesmaid would be thrilled that you thought enough of them to go that little bit extra for them but I wouldn't break your budget.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#5 peachykeen159

• 69 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Las Caletas
  • LocationPuerto Vallarta

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:18 AM

Thanks ladies, this is really helpful! I think that's right around what I was planning on spending on them. I just want them to know how much we appreciate them coming out to support us. 

#6 TinkerSofi

• 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:58 AM

I think your bridesmaids will be happy with whatever! I spent $160 on their dresses and bought some necklaces for them for $20. I only have two bridesmaids though so that's what allowed me to spend a little more on them :) 

#7 pjay

• 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:51 AM

I spent around $180 per bridesmaid. I don't think there is a general price point. I was originally planning to spend a little less, but got a bit carried away. 

My planning thread :

#8 KayRae

• 29 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach, Riviera Maya
  • LocationLafayette, LA

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:12 AM

I'm not sure how much I spent all together per BM (I had 3) but I too got a little carried away lol. Mostly because I had such a long time to plan, or so it seems, and every time I came across something, or came up with an idea that I thought was "perfect", I had a hard time telling myself no. I ended up with a collection of things...jewelry set (necklace, bracelet, earrings), pearl barefoot sandals, monogrammed getting ready shirt, personalized dress hangers, beach bag with coordinating wet bikini bag and sarong, beach towel chair clips, personalized beach drink holder, and a few other little things. But altogether I would say around 200 at the most. Which they were definitely not expecting all of that and were very surprised and thankful for everything. I 100% agree with the other posts about how you shouldn't feel like you have to spend a certain dollar amount, or feel like you need to spend more because they are spending more to be a part of your wedding with travel expenses...after all, they are also getting a vacation in paradise in addition to being a part of your wedding :) And I always believe that it's the thought that counts the most, and I'm sure your BM's will love whatever it is that you decide to get them.

#9 rachelia160

• 296 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Jade
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:05 AM

@KayRae is exactly right - the longer you have the plan, the more stuff you buy without realizing it! I honestly didn't realize how much I had spent until I was writing out my response to this post, since I would just but one thing at a time, and then it ends up really adding up!

#10 RitvikSehgal

• 70 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:46 PM

i have spend about 80K only on the gifts which are given to about 20 bridesmaids at the day of weeding. so it totally depends upon the budget u take in. so do what even u feel good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users