532 replies to this topic

#81 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

Ohhhhh I love it. And the one wear you've twisted it up your back is fantastic! My fave!

Hopefully you get a color as close as you'd like. Remember too unless the same person is wearing the items that a slight color variance won't be noticed. Ie the ties and dresses don't have to match 100%!

Can't wait to hear what color your chose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#82 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:58 AM

I wanted to respond previously to your bridesmaid issue but was always on my phone. Long responses can be daunting while on your phone!

Any headway with this?    I didn't have the same situation, but a girl who I thought was my bestfriend, whom I was considering paying to come to Mexico to be with us, didn't even want to talk to me about my wedding.  Our relationship basically fell apart, and it was evident she had no interest. I called her out on it, thought we made amends, but alas we didn't. I haven't spoken to her in over a year, and as much as it hurt at first. I am happy it turned out the way it did. I have been fostering the relationships of the people who were happy for me, some who were so involved when I never realized would care.  Just goes t to show who your real friends are.

That said, again not the same situation!     I think you definately need to have a frank conversation with her.  Being sensitive but to the point.  At some point you need to know 100% what she is doing because 1. you need to get their dresses and such 2. gifts 3. ask another bridesmaid if you wish 4. have a confirmed guest list, etc.     

It seems you have been more than willing to offer her as much as you can to make her life easy and she isn't biting. There must be something larger going on that she isn't comfortable telling you about.   I would wait a bit longer until you need to order the dresses (ie the sample swatches come in) and /or wait and see if she gives you something you can use as an opener to bring it up.  

How as your relationship been otherwise? is she in Calgary, if yes, is she going dress shopping with you? is she open to discussing your wedding and helping out?  These were tell tale signs for me, my friend had no interest whatsoever.  Would you like to come dress shopping Sunday at 2pm? I may have plans.  Oh what time?  3pm.  OK we can go at 11am, would that work? never heard back! ugh!

Good luck.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#83 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:34 AM

I love the dress! Wow! I'm not sure which is my favourite - I like all of them!! You make it look so easy! But I can see where it would be body flattering for just about any body type! That's an interesting colour too and I agree it seems to look more green than what I would consider teal.

Just a quick word of warning. I didn't see anyone here mention it but Mexico has rules about taking sand from the beach. With the hurricanes they get and beach erosion, it has become sort of a protected deal. If you're filling vases someone might see you and I would hate for you to get your heart set on something and then have someone ruin it all for you. Why don't you email your coordinator and ask her about it. It sucks to have to cart sand with you but that may be the only way to do it unless your WC can help you out somehow. Not sure how far you are from playa del carmen but there's a big Walmart there that might sell the coloured sand that you might be able to make use of instead.

Good luck!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#84 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:26 PM

Thanks for posting the BM dress photos! It looks great  :)

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#85 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:35 AM

@calgarybride2015

Thanks, I'm so in love with this dress. I just need to decide if I give this one to a bridesmaid or keep it for myself. Not really sure (besides on holidays or fancy dinners) when I would wear it. I will definately buy this dress in black and shorter version because its seriously so amazing! It exceeded my expectations.

About the bridesmaid dilema... Thanks fo ryour imput. We unfortunately dont live in the same city. She lives in Edmonton so its not easy to chat all the time. She hasn't started her new job yet it doesn't sound like so I can understand wy money would be tight then. But I still feel like she's keeping something from me. The cherry on the cake was last week when she went to the Shania Twain concert and I know she got the best seats and spent over $800 on 2 tickets for her and her bf. I was really shocked because for a girl who can't afford a $150 deposit, how can she afford tickets at that price!!! Makes no sense. But who knows maybe I'm just unfairly judging her.

She's definately helpful when it comes to asking her wedding questions. I really only ask her about bridesmaid dress styles (which she is really picky). But other than that I haven't really asked her much about the wedding. I more so focus on my MOH (my sister). I don't want to bog all my bridesmaids down with all my little wedding details. Plus my other bridesmaid is in Europe on vacation right now and just got engaged whilst there so I know that she wont be much help once she returns since she will be probably planning her own wedding.

Once my tie samples come in and more dress samples if thats what i decide to do then I have to make my decision on this bridesmaids dress (a.k.a which color of it because I'm already sold on the style). When it comes time to purchasing the dress I'm going to straight up ask her if she is 100% certain she will be there as a bridesmaid. And if she isn't 100%sure I may unfortunately have to drop her so I can ask a different friend who I already know has booked and would love to be there for us. Its unfortunate when such a good friend can't just be open and tell me the truth but I get that sometimes its hard to.

Hopefully I'm just over-exagerating things and blowing it all out of proportion and everythig will just sort itself out (soon hopefullly). hehe

@acw271011 Thanks! The dress is so gorgeous and way better than I could have imagined. Its going to be exciting to see how each of my bridesmaids decide to tie it for the day! I was joking with my fiance about how much I love it and that I was going to order it in white as a wedding dress haha. But really if someone was going to have a really laid back beachy sytled wedding it would totally work because you could even change it up from ceremony to reception!

And...oh my gosh! Thank you for the warning! I will email my coordinater and ask her about this. I didnt intend on taking much sand since I'm really only putting a little bit in each of my lanterns with the starfish. My large vases will be used here for my At home reception because they are too heavy to carry to Mexico. And for that I will just buy sand at Home Depot or a craft store.

@vancouverpetunia No worries, It's definatly a gorgeous dress and worth considering as a bm dress!

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#86 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:27 AM

very pretty dresses. I like the one shouldered one and the one with the twisted back. I'm guessing the possibilities are endless haha. 

I agree that a slight color variation is not a big deal. Take it from someone whose color is also hard to find, you will drive yourself insane if you want everything to match perfectly. I think it actually ads a bit of diversity to the wedding and it looks very nice, rather than having everything in the exact same shade :). As long as all the bridesmaids match with each other and all the groomsmen match each other I think it would look good. Just pick the shade that is the closest, or the ones that look more harmonious with each other and you should be good :). This is exactly the same reason why our bridesmaids are wearing periwinkle and the guy's ties are pink, because we couldn't find periwinkle ties (plus it looked better with the blue of the pants and the suit). Of course now I can find periwinkle everywhere, after I ordered everything, but that's life I guess haha.

event.png

#87 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:44 AM

@TinkerSofi

Yeah I think its something ike 15 different possible variations. Really you just sit there and wrap the sraps around you in any way you can think of. I found the strapless version to be the most difficult. I think you would need a second person to help ou wrap it. I'm excited to see how my bridesmaids will want to wear them!

Thats such a great comprimise for your color. Thats why I had considered black dresses with teal sashes. I'm just glad I was able to find a "teal" dress that I loved! It will be interesting to see what the tie samples look like though. I have a teal, teal blue, and teal green tie sample coming in. So they should in theory all be different haha. I'm hoping the teal color is best because it was $12 cheaper than teal blue and teal green haha. All of my other decor for the wedding is variations of teal, aqua, and turquoise I think. So I think even if the ties and the dresses aren't a 100% match then it will still be okay.

Its funny how when you are looking for certain things you can't find them and then when you aren't looking, they pop up everywhere.

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#88 krystalball

krystalball
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 9, 2016
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:14 AM

Ooh, I love the convertible dress and I'm so glad you found it in a shade of teal that you like! That colour can be difficult to pin down because it means so many things to different people (one of my bridesmaids kept sending me pictures of dresses she found as possibilities and they were all pretty much just blue, maybe one of them had the slightest hint of green, lol).

I'm also on board with just ordering your own convertible dress because it definitely looks great on you and seems very versatile. Now that I've switched my colour to purple, I might just have to pick up a teal convertible dress for myself (and thanks for the heads up on thedaintyard colouring)  :)

Edited by krystalball, 15 June 2015 - 10:15 AM.

event.png

#89 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

@yycbride2016 Maybe your BM can't afford the $150 cause she blew $800 on Shania?  :wacko:

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#90 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:41 AM

@krystalball

Its interesting that you say all the dresses your bm sent you photos of looked like blue dresses, because it was the same for me.I think teal is a color that you have to see in person. I found the oasis dresses at Davids Bridal photographed blue but in person they were the perfect color. Yet this dress is a slightly bit more green and photographs perfect in my opinion. Hopefully it will be that way on the beach too haha. I think everyone should get a convertible dress! Seriously the perfect dress. (As you can tell I'm very excited about finding this dress hahaha).

@vancouverpetunia

hahah you're probably right :(

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Planning Tips, Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users