barcelobride2016

Wedding Dress.. Too Much For A Destination Wedding?

I figured since we weren't getting married on the beach (likely the garden gazebo) that a ball gown wouldn't be so bad! It's suprisingly airy under the dress so I feel like I have more chance staying cool (also considering strapping a couple cool packs to my legs... We've gotta do what we've gotta do to keep cool!)

• Like 3

Cool packs would have been a great idea. The sweat was coming down my legs like I was peeing hehehe ewwww!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

hahah that's an excellent idea, and they can easily be hidden by the dress ;). You could make an ice pack garter lol. 

I thought the same thing about it being airier, I find tighter dresses actually get hotter because they keep your legs together, creating more and more heat and don't let it escape. This is coming from someone whose legs will always rub together, it gets rather hot. 

• Like 1

Chub rub. I have that lol. Figure skater thighs I like to say :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

@calgarybride2015 @barcelobride2016 the chafing is always the worst, otherwise: no thigh gap, no problem. That's my motto ;)

• Like 1

The dress is absolutely stunning and you have a big smile on your face so to me that says "get it"! I'm looking at something very slightly similar but only because we're not on the beach either. I say go for it!!

You ladies always make me smile! lol Mine are just simply what I call thunder thighs. I really like the idea of an ice pack!! Definitely going to file that one away for future use....

love the dress.  my dress is way too hot and too heavy for a wedding or reception.  dress two will be for dancing and short

It is stunning ..... Go with your heart you are glowing in this amazing dress.....Our daughter wore a ball gown to her wedding at Dreams in Cancun ... It is normally windy ,  u will be just fine

Hello fellow brides! I'm sure this topic has come up a million times, but I'm wondering if it's acceptable to wear almost a ball gown type of dress to a destination wedding? I'm getting married at the barcelo maya palace march 2016. I was originally looking for a mermaid style dress but fell in love with this one. Thoughts?? Too much? attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'm not sure why I look sideways..oh well you get the point.

Hello Dear @@barcelobride2016

Congratulation for your future wedding!!I hope everything doing good with the planning process  for the big day!! 

Our destination is a beach destination, our location is  Las Caletas Mexico, here the only way to arrive  is via boat or catamaran, but it is not an impediment to wear a glamurous and elegance dress !! You can wear anything that show your style!!.