Photo

Wedding Dress.. Too Much For A Destination Wedding?

Dresses

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 barcelobride2016

barcelobride2016
  • 10 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

Hello fellow brides! I'm sure this topic has come up a million times, but I'm wondering if it's acceptable to wear almost a ball gown type of dress to a destination wedding? I'm getting married at the barcelo maya palace march 2016. I was originally looking for a mermaid style dress but fell in love with this one. Thoughts?? Too much?

I'm not sure why I look sideways..oh well you get the point.

Attached Files

#2 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

Anything goes! Whatever you feel beautiful in. I totally would have worn that, it's gorgeous :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#3 krystalball

krystalball
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

I agree with @calgarybride2015 - it's a beautiful dress and you're glowing in it  :)

If you're worried about it being too hot (and that may not be an issue for you), you can always get a separate reception dress in a style/fabric that will keep you cool. But in terms of appropriateness for your destination wedding, that dress looks perfect to me  :)

event.png

#4 Janjin

Janjin
  • 94 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

I agree with the others!  Get whatever you feel great in :)

Daisy

Can't wait to marry my best friend   :).

Planning Thread: http://www.bestdesti...tori/?p=1902797

#5 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:28 PM

I think you should wear whatever you want! The opinion of you and your groom are the only ones that matter! I think as long as the "fanciness" of your dress goes with the groom's attire and the rest of your decor/theme then it is totally fine. We are going a little more casual so dresses I tried on with "bling" didn't feel right to me, but that is just our style. But I'm wearing lace and some people might also say lace isn't "beachy" so it doesn't matter.  I've seen all types of bridal gowns for beach weddings - so follow your heart :)

#6 RandL2015

RandL2015
  • Site Supporter
  • 260 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 26, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid, Montego Bay Jamaica
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:22 PM

The dress is beautiful!! Love it!!

#7 barcelobride2016

barcelobride2016
  • 10 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:14 PM

Thanks ladies!!! I really appreciate your input. This was the only dress that made me feel like a bride. And after all we only get to be a princess once!

#8 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:53 PM

I love your dress and it looks beautiful on you! I'm wearing a ruffled wedding ball gown and can't wait to wear it! There are no rules to the type of dress you wear, whatever makes you feel beautiful and excited to wear is what you should wear. Sounds like this dress hits all the points so I say go for it!
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#9 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:59 AM

Well there is your answer. GET IT! Similarly my dress is the only dress that felt "right" to me and I'm so excited to wear it! I may never take it off...

Thanks ladies!!! I really appreciate your input. This was the only dress that made me feel like a bride. And after all we only get to be a princess once!

#10 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:52 AM

I think it's beautiful. It looks a lot like my dress but this one is more ball gown and mine is more a-line :). I think you should wear whatever makes you feel beautiful. I tried on many classic DW gowns but when I tried mine on I fell in love. Now I'm happy I didn't buy a traditional DW gown because it wasn't what I envisioned my whole life, I just needed to be honest with myself. Don't get me wrong, I expect to be hot and sweat buckets with it, but the point is to enjoy the dress and feel great in it, so I think it will be worth it :D. Those are my two scents. 

I think a lot of it also has to do with your venue. I usually see girls getting married on the sand with simpler gowns but the beauty about a DW is that there are no rules! 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users