#181 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:18 PM

@calgarybride2015

Thanks for the HUG!I needed it! Wish I could have a drink!

I know there is no real advice to give or words of wisdom for this one but I just had to get the feelings out so I don't lose my mind.

Your a nurse right? do you mind if I PM you some questions?

I am trying to stay positive...I know that a timeline is just that..a guess...and not always correct. I know my Nan can live as long as her spite allows...she's a tough old bird...but I found that after my legal ceremony she started to decline a crazy amount....it's like that's what she was waiting for and now she can go...for her it's all about her spirit...and her spirits are pretty low right now :( I know she has to go sometime...I just want to be able to be there...and if it happens close to my wedding I can't and I just want my wedding to be a happy time too. Life can just kick you sometimes! But hey...it's all in the future...guess I'll just have to wait and see...

As for my FI's Brother...like I said "can't afford" it would be a reasonable acceptable excuse any other time, but if they don't want to be there that's fine too...just say so, don't lie, that's what hurts...we want people to be there because they want to..not out of obligation. But Oh well over and done now...just so disappointing. 

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#182 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:28 PM

@Meandhim First I wanted to say how much I love everything you have done so far.  That "I Spy" is brilliant, and I'm hoping you can bring a copy to the meet up so I can get a closer look at it?

Second, my heart broke for you when reading your last post and I am giving you a ginormous hug when I see you on Oct 2nd.  I'm so sorry about everything that's going on and to hear about your Nan.  I don't know what to say except I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way! xo

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#183 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:38 PM

@deecol thanks! I know there's nothing anyone can say but I do appreciate your positive thoughts!

I will definitely bring whatever I have done so far to the next meet up so you can take a closer look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

#184 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:50 PM

I am a nurse! I can do my best to answer or seek out answers for you. I've only done women's health in all my years :) send me a msg!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#185 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:25 PM

I really wanted to say that I am so sorry for all the things you're going through right now. I hope that you can still enjoy your week despite having these things thrown at you :(. I'm sending you one humongous hug, I can't even imagine what it must be like. On a more positive note, I have heard of many people who were given a few days or weeks to live, but somehow they waited until a specific moment to "let go". My great grandma was like that, she waited until her great great granddaughter was born. She was able to hold her once and about a day later she passed away. I hope this is the case with your Nan, maybe she'll be able to hang in there until you come back. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your brothers in law as well. We had some people who spent the whole week with long faces and cooped up in their room, no smiles, not even on the wedding day. I tried to stay away because honestly I didn't want to deal with that kind of negativity. I was there to enjoy and have fun and that's what I did. By the way, this was someone really important in the wedding. The moral of the story is, if people don't want to be there, you're better off not having them there. I know it hurts right now, but it's better this way than for them to make you feel like they went there because they were obliged rather than because they wanted to. 

event.png

#186 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:43 AM

Hey girl..

First off, I'm really sorry to hear everything that's going on right now :( It makes my heart heavy for you.

Chester and I can relate to family that has let us down.. The only family that is coming from Chester's side are his cousins. His mom & dad and his sister declined for their own reasons. It really hurt Chester more than he even expected it to. I've honestly never seen him so upset before and it tore me to pieces not knowing how to fix it. Luckily, I have a very warm and loving family that cares a lot about Chester and will be there to support and love him like their own.

I'm also really sorry to hear about your nan.. that makes me really sad. I was really close with my grandmother so I completely understand. It's a really hard time because it's a crossroad of a really good time and a really rough time. I'm sending all of my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I hope that things work out for you with the timing of the wedding. I can appreciate why it's so important for you to have your dad there to walk you down the aisle and share a dance with.. i'd be devastated if I couldn't have mine there.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#187 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:20 AM

Hey hun. I'm sorry to hear about all of your recent challenges. I know there isn't much that can be said but just know that me and all the other ladies on this forum are here for you 100% whenever you need us. Even if its just to pour out all your feelings. I know this time is tough but you will get through this and it will make you stronger than ever! Keep your head high and fake that smile until you don't have to fake it anymore  ^_^

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#188 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:21 AM

@Meandhim I'm so sorry to hear about everything you've been going through. Big hugs coming your way from Vancouver. Your Nan sounds like such a strong woman, just like her grand daughter. I love your positivity despite the adversity but you are absolutely correct, your Nan lived a happy and full life. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Your brother in law and his partner sound awful! To be so selfish during such an important time in your lives? Well you don't need them! You are surrounded by so many loving people, they can go to their "bear" vacations and spread their negativity there
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#189 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:24 PM

@TinkerSofi @yycbride2016 @Wafflesmom @perianjay

Thanks for all the support ladies! It's means a lot!

@calgarybride2015

Thanks I'll be sending you a msg soon

@perianjay
here's my menu ... A Quiz Cootie Catcher lol... Well here's my mock up and test print anyways lol

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440814959.744136.jpg   483.56KB   7 downloads

I'm putting the favour and the ISpy in the welcome bag so I wanted something to put on the table.

event.png

#190 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

Omg that's awesome. My kids just started making these last year. Haha they love getting us to play with them. They will be a hit.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users