JanelleAdams

Looking For A Nice Calm Beach That Is Not Rocky In The Cancun/ Mayan

I've stayed at both Dreams Riviera Cancun and RIU Palace Riviera Maya - the beach at the RIU (in Playa Del Carmen) was big and perfect. Dreams was also lovely and not rocky, but had more seaweed.

The beach front in Playa Del Carmen washes away when big storms come through so they import sand to build it back up, which is why it is so smooth.

Akumal is gorgeous when it comes to beaches! They don't have many big resorts there, which is a nice thing :) Mostly small hotels, condos and fabulous private villas. The water is calm, gorgeous and perfect for swimming/snorkeling!!!

Akumal is gorgeous when it comes to beaches! They don't have many big resorts there, which is a nice thing :) Mostly small hotels, condos and fabulous private villas. The water is calm, gorgeous and perfect for swimming/snorkeling!!!

Akumel has some large ones - grand sirenis, baha principe, grand palladium. All considered Akumel :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true! I guess I should have said Akumal Bay  :D

I only know I was in Akumel because everything at the resort said so heheh!

Is Akumel Bay just a bit farther?  Like closer to Tulum?

Akumal beach is before Tulum. Some entry points into water can be rocky. Check specifics if you book here. They do have nice beaches.