Tinkersofi's Planning Thread - Azul Fives August 13, 2015

• Please log in to reply
909 replies to this topic

#661 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:05 PM

Good news on the necklace! I'm sure you'll get money back on the bridesmaid gifts but it may not be before you leave. Hopefully it was insured as well, otherwise you may have a tough time with canada post. They're complete SOBs (sorry about the language) when it comes to claiming back, especially if there is no insurance. They'll find a way to say they aren't responsible, and heaven forbid they admit that mail was stolen or just didn't show up. Not to try to stress you out or anything, but I worked in the legal department for a number of years and I've seen the hoops they put up to make you jump through to make a claim.

Happy you're still working on the dance! That's good news!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#662 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:24 PM

Good news on the necklace! I'm sure you'll get money back on the bridesmaid gifts but it may not be before you leave. Hopefully it was insured as well, otherwise you may have a tough time with canada post. They're complete SOBs (sorry about the language) when it comes to claiming back, especially if there is no insurance. They'll find a way to say they aren't responsible, and heaven forbid they admit that mail was stolen or just didn't show up. Not to try to stress you out or anything, but I worked in the legal department for a number of years and I've seen the hoops they put up to make you jump through to make a claim.

Happy you're still working on the dance! That's good news!

good to know! I don't imagine that they will pay for anything easily but when it comes to fighting against the man I'm pretty relentless. I'll wait 3 years if I have to, but they messed things up and I'm not giving up until they pay. I'll check with the vendor to see if it had insurance, I know it was registered, but I don't know if that's the same thing. 

The dance is coming along really well. After we agreed that if it didn't go well we'd switch it last minute I think Juan felt better about the whole thing and began to relax a little. We've been working really hard, practicing pretty much every day, which isn't easy considering we live in opposite ends of the city. We're not fighting anymore about it, which is nice and really helps too. 

event.png

#663 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:31 PM

Did you happen to pay with your credit card or pay pal? I believe you can take recourse with them too. Good luck!

Glad your necklace came!!!

EDIT: When are you doing your legal? Who did you end up going with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 06 July 2015 - 07:37 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#664 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:56 PM

Did you happen to pay with your credit card or pay pal? I believe you can take recourse with them too. Good luck!

Glad your necklace came!!!

EDIT: When are you doing your legal? Who did you end up going with?

We ended up going with Tamara Jones and we're getting married July 7th, so pretty much in exactly one month! In hindsight we probably could have gone with someone a bit cheaper but my mom was like "this is the day that counts!" etc, so we basically got peer pressured haha and she was recommended by another bride on here. Maybe I think that way because at this point I'm just beyond the caring haha, whereas when I booked her I was all into the details :P. It's crazy how your perception changes as you get closer to the date haha. 

I paid with paypal so maybe I could go that route :). thanks! 

event.png

#665 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:00 PM

@TinkerSofi I'm sorry to hear about the Canada Post issues, but I'm glad they managed to deliver your necklace in time! I'm pretty certain that PayPal can refund you your money. They're pretty good to deal with!

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#666 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:03 PM

Woohoo so exciting :)

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#667 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

@calgarybride2015 I checked paypal, it seems that they do offer that service but I have to find out whether if I open the dispute it would be with the seller. I don't want to get her in trouble because she sent it and it's not her fault. I need to do some more research. 

event.png

#668 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:37 AM

We ended up going with Tamara Jones and we're getting married July 7th, so pretty much in exactly one month! In hindsight we probably could have gone with someone a bit cheaper but my mom was like "this is the day that counts!" etc, so we basically got peer pressured haha and she was recommended by another bride on here. Maybe I think that way because at this point I'm just beyond the caring haha, whereas when I booked her I was all into the details . It's crazy how your perception changes as you get closer to the date haha.

I paid with paypal so maybe I could go that route :). thanks!

Glad the pressure is off for the dance and absolutely that's why it's going more smoothly! Guys just don't do well with pressure like that lol Women excel at it but guys just don't!

I would start a dispute resolution with PayPal and start a trace with Canada post. Your case will be that it was registered and your tracking number. Open a file with them and put the pressure on them. Push that it's stuff for your wedding and you ordered it in plenty of time, yada yada. You already said you know the drill lol But kick up a huge stink about it. It's the only thing that gets their attention. I did a dispute resolution with PayPal and they were great. Got my money back within 2 weeks. Good luck!

Hope you're doing a couple of pics of the "legal"!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#669 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:57 AM

Glad the pressure if off for the dance and absolutely that's why it's going more smoothly! Guys just don't do well with pressure like that lol Women excel at it but guys just don't!

I would start a dispute resolution with PayPal and start a trace with Canada post. Your case will be that it was registered and your tracking number. Open a file with them and pit the pressure on them. Push that it's stuff for your wedding and you ordered it in plenty of time, yada yada. You already said you know the drill lol But kick up a huge stink about it. It's the only thing that gets their attention. I did a dispute resolution with PayPal and they were great. Got my money back within 2 weeks. Good luck!

Hope you're doing a couple of pics of the "legal"!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Ok, that's good to know! I'm just going to start that today because I'm done with Canada Post. My necklace was in Calgary yesterday and all of a sudden today is in Richmond BC. WTF??! It seriously isn't rocket science to deliver a package to the right place. I'm so frustrated right now! Does anyone know who I can contact to make sure they don't deliver it to the wrong place? 

event.png

#670 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:12 AM

Glad your necklace is making it's way to you!! Sending positive Canada post vibes haha.. I had a few delays with Canada post as well, but luckily i'm much further out so it wasn't as stressful.

I can't believe how close you are getting to your big day. It's so crazy watching all of these brides on here approaching their day after hearing about all of your planning etc.. I honestly can't wait to hear all about your big day and see pictures!! :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users