#1 yasminea84

yasminea84
  • 44 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade-Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:45 PM

Hi Girls!

Im getting Married in May. Its getting so close! I wanted to have a welcome party! Do you girls have any creative ideas for a welcome party? I was thinking about having a white party! I don't wanna spend a ton...but something creative and fun! :) What are you doing for your Welcome party?

70 Guests + Bride and Groom!

#2 LisaAnthonyPoppy

LisaAnthonyPoppy
  • 332 posts
  • Wedding Location:Mayan Riviera
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

I'm having ours the 2days before wedding. We are staying in a condo with a complete kitchen and a roof top jacuzzi, and outdoor kitchen. So in the evening family are coming over just to hang, eat some food that we will grill and drink some cold ones. Was trying to get a massage therapist to bring over an express massage chair and give ppl 15 minute massages at my expense. But as of right now haven't found someone who has those chairs. I only have about 25 guests.

If people wanna leave from there n go to the pool, or beach that's a possibility. I'm trying to set no "rules" so that it's a more relaxed evening, where guests will feel comfortable.

Not doing OOT bags, none of my guests would want or need one. But I do know they would like a massage in my condo while hanging out. So I'm working on that.

Hopefully the night will be calm and feel like will have good energy.

I don't know what to do if your staying at a hotel. Maybe they could reserve a section of a restaurant for you, or if you want to be more active, there's lots of places to have group activites if you go on tripadviser

I hope this helped a little bit.

#3 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

We also have a very large suite; we are doing wine and tequila tasting and cooking big batches of fish tacos and beef tacos... We might have more of a potluck style to bring side dishes as guests are going to go to Walmart etc to stock their kitchens . I'm bring a couple things to decorate like festive Mexican picado banners, mini piƱatas and a Mexican serado table runner

#4 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:49 AM

We were at a resort and a welcome party wasn't included. So we just all met in the lobby bar the first night and I handed out the OOT items. People just mingled as the bar was to loud to do introductions.

We did a rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding but it was only for the bridal party and family --- maybe if I had known the bar was that loud I may have pushed for this to be all our guests. It wasn't included in our package either but our WC did us a nice favor.

I've heard of white parties, cigar rolling parties, s'more bonfires on the beach. You could do a picture taking scavenger hunt. Maybe a fire show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 10 February 2015 - 05:51 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#5 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

@yasminea84 - We are doing a private welcome party with a four course meal and open bar two nights before the wedding. The resort is all-inclusive but there's a $25pp fee for having the event private, and it's in a different area of the resort (not a restaurant). Our theme for the party is just a fun, colorful fiesta. We will be decorating with things like bright tissue paper flowers and papel picado that we have ordered. We made candy roll-ups for each place setting with colored tissue paper and custom labels. We will also be handing out our OOT bags at this time.

Edited by JenniferH114, 10 February 2015 - 06:39 AM.

#6 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:47 AM

Haven't decided yet, but so far we're having a private dinner (not sure of a theme yet..) and I will use this time to also hand out OOT bags to my guests. I think the OOT bags at the welcome dinner is a nice personal touch for the guests and a small token of appreciation.

I've seen people do white parties though and they usually turn out pretty awesome! :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#7 yasminea84

yasminea84
  • 44 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade-Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:33 AM

All spectacular suggestions! Love the idea for mini massages for all of our guests. That may be slightly difficult seeing that we are having over 70 guests in attendance. We are staying an Inclusive resort....NOW JADE! I was hoping not to leave the resort for the welcome party. We initially really wanted to have a bon fire. But unfortunately they don't allow bon fires or Chinese lanterns in Riviera Maya.

Edited by yasminea84, 10 February 2015 - 08:37 AM.

70 Guests + Bride and Groom!

#8 LisaAnthonyPoppy

LisaAnthonyPoppy
  • 332 posts
  • Wedding Location:Mayan Riviera
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

@yasminea84you could have a 70 person massage line. Lol Syke.

If your having your wedding at the resort and all your guests are staying at a resort, maybe it would be nice to get OUT from the resort, together. 70 people is a lot of people to get together though :) geesh! :)

#9 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:47 AM

If I had an AI resort i would try to do something for free like all get reservations at same restaurant or meet in the bar

#10 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

If you plan to go off the resort I suggest you ensure all your guests are ok with that. Also if you do a catamaran or something if people are ok on boats. We has some guests who've never been to Mexico and one wouldn't leave the resort whatsoever as she was too scared.

In the early stages I almost considered our redemption on a catamaran but too many guests scared of boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 10 February 2015 - 11:13 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users