Maine Coastal Wedding

2017 Brides BDW Newbies Locations

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 drloripalooza

• 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:00 AM

Hello, my name is Lori, and I am getting married in late May, 2017 on Peaks Island, Maine. This is to be a 3-4 day destination wedding (4 days for the bridal party), and I have just started planning the logistics. It will be somewhat coastal-themed, with lanterns, etc. I would love to meet someone who is having another coastal wedding, especially one that is not in a tropical location. Plus, I'm going crazy just looking at pictures of wedding dresses.

Happy to be here!

#2 acw271011

• Moderators
    • 3,123 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:06 AM

Congrats and welcome to BDW!  I'm hopeful you'll find other brides here with the same location. Definitely take a look through the vendor reviews and see if anything pops up! Maine is a very pretty place. I just came down the coast there at Christmas. Do you have a travel agent to work with yet? I'm not sure how mainland US weddings work for things like hotels and flights but the agency affiliated with this site are destination wedding experts! You could also try a forum search to see if there are any locations close to yours that pop up!

Good luck and happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#3 drloripalooza

• 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:57 PM

Thank you, ACW. I haven't even thought of using a travel agent. I have found a vendor who will supply most of what we need (tents, heaters, tables, etc.). I am going to look at the 4 venues in late April. I sort of have my heart set on one. Three women in the wedding party are very good cooks, and i'm no slouch, so I will hope to do the advance food myself. I will need a cake, a photographer -- I have already seen one who does Maine and does a lovely job. I haven't really been thrilled with the menus provided by two of the venues, so I am hoping to provide my own food, and have a menu worked out. I want to hire a chef who works with local meats, fish and shellfish. My one bridesmaid and I are very crafty, so we are looking at a lot of ideas that fit in with my theme. I hope to do as much of the DIY as I can. I will need an organic florist, too, and have been looking through the Maine organic farm site. Flowers are one thing I cannot do! And I think I should get a day-of-planner.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip to Maine. I'd love to spend time there in the winter, but my cottage is only equipped for the summer.

#4 AllieH

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:32 PM

welcome to BDW!! 

when I read "coastal", it reminded me of the 2015 HGTV dream home - maybe check out their webpage for ideas on decor, coastal without tropical looks, etc? 

I love, love your ideas of organic & local. I can't wait to see how everything comes together for you. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#5 malyna

• 346 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:13 AM

I love peaks island!!! It will be a beautiful wedding :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,073 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:05 AM

Congrats on your upcoming wedding at Peaks Island Maine, Lori, and welcome to the forum!!! you've come to the right place for lots of great ideas, info and support to help with your unique wedding planning decisons!

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM

Edited by Moments That Matter, 11 January 2015 - 08:06 AM.

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2017 Brides, BDW Newbies, Locations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users