Cancun Riviera Maya Hair Makeup & Nails 2015 Brides

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 aliciawestern

aliciawestern
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:19 AM

Hi Everyone,

I was compelled to write this post because I know how much trouble I had finding a make-up artist.  Most artists domestically want you to pay for their travel and services, NO THANKS.  As an African-American bride with dark skin who is about glam, I found this to be my largest issue.  A friend of mine who was also married in Cancun recommended  Norma Zurama from MAC Cancun.  I googled and found her on Facebook and Instagram, but I couldn't tell whether she could do African-American brides.  My gut told me trust her and my friend, so I hired her.

I LOVE NORMA!  She was GREAT at answering my emails promptly.  She was reasonable with her pricing and negotiation.  Paying for her services was a lot better than paying the ridiculous price that MVP and some of their other places like Styling Trio wanted, when I wasn't even sure that I'd like how they'd do my skin.  I had 6 bridesmaid, plus my mom, all different shades of brown.  Norma did an amazing job.  We are sorority girls from DC and NY, so we were picky.  However, she gave us exactly what we asked for.  She was on time, she was sweet, and she didn't ask for anything extra or special.  SHE KNEW HOW MUCH MAKE-UP TO PUT ON TO MAKE US POP AND FEEL GLAM, BUT NOT SWEAT TO DEATH. That is important.  You want to be Beyonce, but you need to be a milder version for how hot it was.  I got married on the pier, pictures on the beach, and ceremony inside of a ballroom… but it was still hot each place.

Trust me, my African-American brides… Norma was AMAZING!  Here are our pictures in the link below, but they don't do her work any justice. Love love love!

https://www.facebook...1&l=9220bf987d 

Norma Zurama Peréz Fernández - nor_maccancun@hotmail.com

| Norma Zurama | M·A·C Retail Manager Cancún |Ultrafemme | 

|La Isla shopping village Tel. 998 272 54 68 | Cancún  Q.Roo |Móvil.998 214 70 22  | 
    www.maccosmetics.com  www.ultrafemme.com  

* Every day is  world AIDS day at MAC.

Edited by aliciawestern, 15 December 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#2 lovetrice23

lovetrice23
    • 8 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Moon palace golf and spa resort

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:39 PM

Thank you for this review! I'll check her out! :)
    The link isn't working. :/

#3 lovetrice23

lovetrice23
    • 8 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

Also @aliciawestern was there a fee for using an outside makeup artist?

#4 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:41 AM

Great review and accolades, aliciawestern - thx for sharing!!! and also Congrats on your wedding - sounds amazing :)

Wishing you every success on your journey forward in your lives together - cheers!!! team MTM :)

10371200_10152470866119487_434300309616710333458_10152470874009487_4087215942139

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#5 aliciawestern

aliciawestern
      • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

Hi Ladies, I've attached the pictures below from my wedding.  Norma gave me exactly what I asked for!  My wedding theme was vintage paradise, so I asked for an old red lip look.  While I wanted my bridesmaids to have a soft pink lip look.  She only used lashes for me, but she did a great job with my bridesmaid to where they didn't even need them.  

Additionally, yes I had to pay a vendor fee for Norma because she needed to be at the resort all day.  My wedding was at 5:30pm, and she came at 11am.  For 7 women, she literally worked from 11am-5pm.  However, I've heard that other brides were able to get around paying the fee on their resort because she wasn't there that long.  My resort and coordinator gave me a discount to pay her vendor fee, so it wasn't that bad.  She is also negotiable.  

AND most importantly, even with the vendor fee she was still cheaper than anyone else suggested in Cancun (i.e. MVP and Styling Trio).  There prices were crazy.  Trust me, she was awesome.  Please let me know whether you have any questions! I'd more than happy to help!

Attached File  0161-A&Y.jpg   109.76KB   10 downloadsAttached File  0131-A&Y-2.jpg   65.27KB   7 downloadsAttached File  0183-A&Y.jpg   86.34KB   7 downloadsAttached File  0137-A&Y.jpg   200.33KB   6 downloadsAttached File  0149-A&Y.jpg   310.33KB   6 downloadsAttached File  0141-A&Y-2.jpg   223.33KB   6 downloadsAttached File  0133-A&Y-2.jpg   231.75KB   7 downloadsAttached File  0113-A&Y-2.jpg   67.69KB   5 downloadsAttached File  0082-A&Y.jpg   67.62KB   6 downloadsAttached File  0011-A&Y.jpg   110.42KB   5 downloadsAttached File  0012-A&Y.jpg   112.21KB   5 downloadsAttached File  0124-A&Y.jpg   202.11KB   5 downloadsAttached File  0106-A&Y.jpg   73.51KB   5 downloadsAttached File  0131-A&Y-2.jpg   65.27KB   5 downloadsAttached File  0010-A&Y-2.jpg   105.21KB   5 downloads

@lovetrice23 Oops, I forget to @ you!  See above for pictures and more details I just posted! 

@Moments That Matter Thank you!

Please excuse any typos!  I'm at work multi-tasking as I type lol!  

#6 lovetrice23

lovetrice23
        • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:47 AM

Oh my gosh! Your pictures came out beautiful! And your dress..... I'm in love! @aliciawestern

#7 aliciawestern

aliciawestern
        • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:50 AM

@lovetrice23 Thank you so much!

#8 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
          • 3,074 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:23 AM

You're very welcome - Beautiful photos!!! thx for sharing :) ...team MTM

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#9 vsschick

vsschick
            • 157 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 1, 2016
            • Wedding Location:Moon Palace

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

Thanks for the info. much appreciated!!

#10 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
            • Site Supporter
            • 358 posts
            • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

@aliciawestern - thanks so much! I will check her out though I may do my own or let my stylist do it. If only they had a hair stylist that could do af-am hair LOL  I have to fly mine down. :(

Oh and your dress is GORGE! :)

Edited by girlinthecity97, 13 January 2015 - 05:41 PM.

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cancun Riviera Maya, Hair Makeup & Nails, 2015 Brides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users