Previous posters hit some great points, I would add the following:
1) What are the back-up options for ceremony/reception settings in case of weather issues.
2) How private are the venue settings for ceremony/reception? Will you be ok with other hotel guests observing?
3) Options for outside vendors is a key point for sure, what is the cost/policy?
4) What are the policies for guests coming to your wedding who may choose to stay at a different resort? (it happens!)
5) What upgrades are available for bride/groom? (Free champagne, spa treatments, etc)
6) Options for decor and the ability to personalize. Most hotels offer packages that are lovely, but sometimes you want to add your own touch.
And yes, will your guests enjoy the total vacation experience? Lots to think about, wishing you all the best!