#11 LisaAnthonyPoppy

LisaAnthonyPoppy
  • 332 posts
  • Wedding Location:Mayan Riviera
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

@TiffanyMC

Big thank you.

I just called the Wedding Coordinator. She said we can rehearse there the evening before. What a relief.

I emailed my officiant and asked her what she would require in order to come down and do a rehearsal with us. I invited her to dinner too so I hope she can do it.

I'm so glad I had this tugging on my shoulder to ask. Feel a lot better thanks everyone!

#12 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
  • 286 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

@LisaAnthonyPoppy no need to thank me! Glad you asked and can feel better about the whole thing!

#13 NickiLynn1116

NickiLynn1116
  • 186 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

Make sure your hotel allows rehearsals.  I am getting married at the El Dorado Royale and they told me that I am unable to have a rehearsal.  I was very upset once I found this news out.

#14 LisaAnthonyPoppy

LisaAnthonyPoppy
  • 332 posts
  • Wedding Location:Mayan Riviera
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

@NickiLynn1116omg are you serious ? After we decided to have a rehearsal I can't imagine not being aloud!

That's bs.
How are you to feel confident in knowing what to do?

What was their reasoning ? I'm very curious to find out .

Yes my on site WC is very nice and has offered to stay late the day before and help us rehearse.

#15 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

I never asked to have one! Just figured we'd talk it thru one night. Maybe we can try to walk and find the location but I heard you need a golf cart to get there! It's by the disco who offers the shuttle so maybe late one night we will venture out. At the end of the day I'm not overly worried about a 'dry run' other than for my kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#16 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

Make sure your hotel allows rehearsals. I am getting married at the El Dorado Royale and they told me that I am unable to have a rehearsal. I was very upset once I found this news out.

Karisma will let you do one regardless of what Miami told you, in your onsite meeting with WC upon arrival tell them you want to do one and they will find a time where your location isn't used for a ceremony. You won't be able to have the officiant there but your WC can walk through details. We also so many couples doing a mini dry run with their own group after walking through with WC. I asked at the BDR about this and was assured this can be arranged once on site with the coordinators there. So don't worry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playa Del Carmen, Wedding Officiant, Wedding Officiant, Beach Weddings, Rehearsal Dinner, Ceremony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users