Photo

Backless Wedding Dress... Bra? Tan Lines?! Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 deedeelala

deedeelala
  • 59 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 27, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

I finally decided on my wedding dress and it is a beautiful backless mermaid dress.

It took me forever to decide on my dress and when I tried this on I just absolutely loved it! Probelm is I did not think about the bra part and when I tried on the dress I wore a regular bra. I am on the smaller chested side and after 1 kid I WILL NEED some sort of push up. 

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what to wear? My friend suggested the stick on bras but I am not sure if those have push up. 

Second problem, we arrive to Mexico on a Sunday and wedding is on Thursday. It never occurred to me to think tan lines may be a problem. Wearing nipple covers during the week may not be an option LOL How have you guys dealt with this in the past? My backless dress may make it an even harder challenge. 

Thanks!!!! 

2.jpg
1.jpg

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   138.89KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   194.24KB   0 downloads

Edited by deedeelala, 25 July 2014 - 11:21 AM.

#2 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

LOVE your dress so so so pretty @deedeelala.  I am also wanting a backless dress and will just have to be super careful in the sun prior to the wedding.  I plan to wear lots of sunblock and if I do tan my back just untie my straps to avoid tan lines.  Depending on your dress you could get cups sewn in.  My sister did that with her strapless dress and it looked great!  Even better than with a bra on.

#3 deedeelala

deedeelala
  • 59 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 27, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

I never thought of getting cups sewn in!! That's a great idea!!! Thanks!! & yes I guess sunblock will be my best friend. I tan really easily though so it may be a big challenge :wacko:

#4 Lilian84

Lilian84
  • 172 posts
  • Wedding Location:Florida
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

LOVE the dress so elegant! I would also explore sewing in the cups. Might be more comfy than a stick on bra, although some do have padding and push ups, my niece got one for her prom and she said it was very comfortable. 

Good luck for the tan  :unsure:

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

#5 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

I never thought of getting cups sewn in!! That's a great idea!!! Thanks!! & yes I guess sunblock will be my best friend. I tan really easily though so it may be a big challenge :wacko:

I tan super easily too!  So I will have to be careful with that as well.  Luckily we are only there one full day prior to getting married so it should be okay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users