• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

#271 Jc14

Jc14
  • 64 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 9, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Punta Cana

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:09 AM

@Kerrierf for the private beach bash, are drinks included? I know it includes the private bar and bartender, so i would ASSUME that they are included, but just want to make sure since it does not explicitly say. Also, did you pay the $16US/person for open bar during your dinner?

#272 Jc14

Jc14
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:15 PM

@Beachgirl622 $135 total per person for both hair and makeup?

#273 Beachgirl622

Beachgirl622
  • 19 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 30, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
  • LocationAvon, CT

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

@Jc14 Yes, $135.00 for both hair and makeup.  Carolina said that you have to book through the wedding department though.  I have to get back in touch with her because I read on the Spa website that if you book before your trip, you get 15% off, so I am not sure if you are able to apply that to the $135.00 price.

#274 Jc14

Jc14
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:34 PM

Hi all, for those who used/are using an outside vendor and have booked a room for them instead of paying the vendor fee, do you have to include the vendor in your guest list and seating chart for dinner?

#275 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:27 AM

@Jc14

The only outside vendor that I am using is my photographer and she is traveling down with me as  a guest...she is on the guest list and will be in the seating chart...but I'm pretty sure you do that with most photographers anyways.

If you are referring to a Make-up artist or Hair stylist once you have booked them a room they are then a guest of the Resort and I would assume are free to come and go as they please as the rest of the guests are. I would then assume that you would not need to have them listed as a guest or have them at your wedding unless you wanted to.

But you may want to ask anyways.

@shevette925 @samilein @Beachgirl622

Hows the planning going ? Everyone's been quiet lately

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#276 dreia85

dreia85
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:43 PM

Hi Everyone! I'm so excited I found this forum and topic! I was hoping someone could give me suggestions on what make up artist and hair stylist they used/recommend. I'm also thinking of giving our guests a welcome gift. I just received the options from the resort but they did not have prices. They don't look very nice, just wondering if anyone has any opinions on this.

Thanks!!

Andreia

#277 Meandhim

Meandhim
    • 706 posts
    • LocationToronto

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:56 AM

@dreia85 welcome! I'm glad to see there is another GP Punta Cana Bride out there!

I'm going to be doing my own Make-up... Only because I don't normally wear make up and when I've had it done before it was too much for me. Also my bridesmaid is a hair dresser so she is doing my hair. I have heard that the hair and make up team at Zentopia are really good... Perhaps @Kerrierf can give you a first hand. Keep in mind that if you hire an outside vendor for hair or makeup you have to pay a hefty vendor fee...but a way to get around that is to book them a room for the night.

As for welcome gift... I had no idea that our resort offered welcome gifts... Would you mind Sharing the document? I'm doing a welcome bag for my guests...if you scroll up I have listed what I have inside so far.

I'm getting married in November so perhaps I can have some better suggestions when I get back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meandhim, 21 August 2015 - 01:57 AM.

event.png

#278 dreia85

dreia85
    • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:40 AM

@Meandhim

Send me your email and I will send you the document they sent me with the welcome gifts. Also, I was told they could reserve a table at one of the restaurants if you would like for everyone to have dinner together other than the wedding day,

#279 Beachgirl622

Beachgirl622
      • 19 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 30, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
      • LocationAvon, CT

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:52 PM

@dreia85 Could you also send me the documents for the welcome gifts?  I am almost positive i will be making welcome bags but I am curious what the resort has to offer.  

As for reserving a table at one of the restaurants, did they happen to tell you a guest limit?  I would love to have everyone eat at the hibachi together one night but I did not logistically think it could happen.  

I will be getting my hair and makeup done at the spa there.  Luckily, as part of the wedding package, I get a trial which will help ease a lot of my nerves.  I am getting so excited and everything is starting to feel so real!  Only a few more months.

I hope everyone else's planning is going well!

#280 Meandhim

Meandhim
      • 706 posts
      • LocationToronto

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:09 PM

@Beachgirl622

I didn't realize that a hair trial was part of any of the packages! What package did you pick??

@dreia85

I'm curious about the restaurant reservation too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grand palladium, Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users