My FI lost his mother in November and he misses her terribly and wishes more than anything that she could be there when we get married. I also want to incorporate her in his gift but I'm not sure how. I was thinking maybe get him cuff links for the wedding with his mothers initials or something along those lines.

That is a nice idea!!! 

If you can incorporate something, but don't mind if it is physically on him, you could do the bouquet picture frame charms. I got one and put my mother's photo in it - I lost her 10 years ago.    I have considered also putting a picture of her on the signing table - which is something else you ladies could consider.  I'll post a picture in a second of my charm. 

9AFBAD7A-0BF0-4B05-A1FB-6B5ADA39D545_zps

• Like 1

@@calgarybride2015 That is really beautiful I love the idea! It's a way for her to spend the day with you. Just thinking of it makes me emotional. Beautiful idea! Where did you get it? 

My FI lost his mother in November and he misses her terribly and wishes more than anything that she could be there when we get married. I also want to incorporate her in his gift but I'm not sure how. I was thinking maybe get him cuff links for the wedding with his mothers initials or something along those lines.

I was originally thinking cuff links but he has stated that he would like to wear a short sleeved dress shirt so cuff links wont work. I am now thinking a belt buckle. He wears one every day and sort of collects them? Not sure completely yet.

Belt buckle is a good idea too. I remember seeing a website that had really nice once, I'll try looking for it. 

All great ideas. I got mine on Etsy. I'm Canadian and I found a Canadian dealer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend is getting her husband a Yeti cooler. I thought it was a pretty cool idea. Definitely different than the watch or cuff links, but great For something a little different for an outdoorsy guy

I came up with another 'gag' gift and I think I am going to go thru with it.

I was telling another member about my idea... my nerdy fiance always (I mean always) calls himself a ninja.

So I found a KCCO type shirt...

Keep calm cos I'm a ninja.

He loves dorky shirts, so this will be right up his alley.

Question going in another direction -- I thought you gave the gifts on your wedding day, but fiance thinks we should do them together the day after. HMMM I kind of gave my strong opinion I'd like to do it the day of and he was concerned how gifts would be exchanged so I told him his mom could do it, lol,  thoughts????

I came up with another 'gag' gift and I think I am going to go thru with it.

I was telling another member about my idea... my nerdy fiance always (I mean always) calls himself a ninja.

So I found a KCCO type shirt...

Keep calm cos I'm a ninja

He loves dorky shirts, so this will be right up his alley.

Question going in another direction -- I thought you gave the gifts on your wedding day, but fiance thinks we should do them together the day after. HMMM I kind of gave my strong opinion I'd like to do it the day of and he was concerned how gifts would be exchanged so I told him his mom could do it, lol,  thoughts????

First of all I love KEEP CALM shirts this was one of my FI xmas gifts last year. They can be funny and personal. Second, my strong opinion would make me suggest exchanging gifts that same day through the mother or a groomsmen. Or... and I think this is what I want us to do... exchange gifts the day before, like the last thing we would do before we are apart and see each other at the alter. 

@@Lilian84 ....Orrrrr you could exchange the night before but open the day of for a sweet surprise and great photo opp. Hehe thanks

Have you seen the 'I can't keep calm I'm getting married' shirt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk