6 replies to this topic

#1 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

Should we set it up before sending invitations out? We are sending them out really early but I'm afraid people won't check our website after that. Also, things change so much in a year that maybe there's other things that will come out that we wish we had put in the registry. I was thinking of waiting before setting the registry up even if the invites are sent out, but is that ok? 

event.png

#2 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
  • 228 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:48 AM

We are making sure ours is good before people get our website from the save the dates. I have "more info to come" under registries now but hoping to have it finished within a few days!

#3 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

You're absolutely right! A lot can change in a year! My experience over the years has been that word of mouth gets around when it comes to registries. People will contact parents to ask what the bride and groom are looking for so make sure they are armed with the where and how. Personally, I would wait for a bit before you set up your registry. Get your invitations out. If you're sending them out that early, I don't know if people will jump to check your site if it's that far in advance. You could always include that registry information will follow at a later date. That lets people know that you're setting one up. The ones that are really interested will get in touch with your or other family members to find out the details.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

Thanks! Yeah, I mean we don't expect many people to give us anything, but if they want to at least it's better to get something you want! haha. I think we'll follow your advice @acw271011 and wait a bit longer. I don't really think people will be thinking about gifts at this point with the primary concern being trying to get booked. 

event.png

#5 keezy

keezy
  • 151 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Have 4 months to go till my wedding, not sure if it's still early to set one up.

#6 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

if you want to, I think you should! I don't think people really start thinking of gifts until like 2 weeks before, one month at the most

event.png

#7 keezy

keezy
  • 151 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

I agree, will probably wait until early Sept

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users