Photo

Indesive Overwhelmed New Bride April 2015 -Punta Cana Or Maya Riviera

Dominican Republic Mexico now larimar generations Resorts & Hotels Locations Travel Agents Resorts & Hotels

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 tarynh86

tarynh86
  • 151 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:dreams punta cana
  • Locationontario Canada

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:05 AM

If you're planning on having a legal ceremony wherever you get married you may want to look into the requirements - in Mexico you need to do blood tests while there.

Edited by tarynh86, 17 June 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#12 nikkicraig10

nikkicraig10
  • 88 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 26, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

I personally prefer Mexico over DR, for many of the reasons you mentioned, and more. I like the Mexican culture, the attractions in the riviera maya, the feeling of safety when going on excursions alone, the food, the tastier blended drinks... I stayed at Ocean Blue & Sand in DR and was not satisfied at all. Yes the beach is beautiful, but I've been more than happy with the beaches of Mexico too and for me the resort ammenities are more important. Plus, shorter flight, and in my experience Mexico always prices cheaper, especially if you are looking at higher end resorts.

Best of luck!!

#13 Chrysta

Chrysta
  • 169 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire - Cancun
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

Congrats on your engagement.

We also had trouble deciding between Mexico or Jamaica. We got engaged in Jamaica and really wanted to return there. The beaches were beautiful, service was spectacular and we had the greatest experiences there.......However Mexico (Riviera Maya) is kid friendlier ( I have a 12 year old), a bit more economical for our guests and we felt our safety was our number one priority. The beaches may not be the greatest but we are excited to lounge in a chair with an exotic drink, and still being able to enjoy water sports in 80 degree water =0)

Good luck and congrats again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dominican Republic, Mexico, now larimar, generations, Resorts & Hotels, Locations, Travel Agents, Resorts & Hotels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users