Large Bottles Of B&bw Shower Gel & Lotion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trbutler

trbutler
  • 224 posts
  • Wedding Location:Aruba

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

During the Bath & Body Words Annual Sale I purchased several of the Aruba Shower Gels (10oz) and Body Lotion (8oz) bottles.  Now I am having buyers remorse.   :(  They are large bottles and will make a lot of weight and take up a lot of space in our luggage.  I have been racking my brain for ideas and need some help!  Just as a reminder my wedding is in Aruba that is why I purchased these in the first place.

Idea #1 - Return the bottles and buy another fragrance during the sale in June

Idea #2 - Buy small trial size bottles and try to scan the label and make smaller bottles

Idea #3 - Return the bottles and use the money on something else

Idea #4 - Keep the large bottles and give to the guests with their pre-travel package that will include travel information, luggage tags, etc.  The kicker with this is it will cost about $5 to ship each of these.  

Any ideas or help would be AWESOME!

Attached File  aruba bbw.jpg   68.92KB   5 downloads

#2 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

are you having a shower at all? If so, you could offer them to the hostess to use as prizes? Or maybe give them to your BM's prior to leaving for your DW as a pre-wedding thank you? They are pretty and it would be a shame to return them, but I think it would be to hard to repackage them in smaller bottles and I'm sure you could use the $ somewhere else if another idea doesn't work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 trbutler

trbutler
  • 224 posts
  • Wedding Location:Aruba

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

@kmk2016 Thanks!  Since this is our second marriages we aren't have a shower and I'm not having any bridesmaids :(  But they would be great ideas otherwise.

#4 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

I like the idea of buying small trial size bottles and then getting creative! there are so many DIY projects on here I'm sure you could find something that would work as a label. Then you could personalize them and still incorporate "Aruba" into the labels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users